American Airlines Monopoly on Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sun Country DFW to Cancun was $477, thats as far as I got because I know there will be bag feees and carry on fees.

Then I see Spirit to cancun - $350 without bag fees.

View attachment 838439

Then you consider the 3 hrs or time, aggravation and added cost for the bag drag, and you come to the conclusion that the bag drag is not worth it.

So thank you AA for chopping our nuts off. 🖕
Spirit charges fees on everything. And cancels flights with no warning. Does it always take three hours? I thought it was one hour to ferry and 30 min on the ferry?

I thought it was one hour to ferry and 30 min on the ferry?
Well, I always allow at least an hour to clear I&C altho it can take much longer there, then wait time for the bus to leave, at least an hour to PDC, ½ hour to get to the ferry and get in line, wait time to leave, and ¾ hour for the crossing in good weather. I also endure long layoevers in DFW when I go, and I&C in Cozumel can take varied times, but it's always best to fly into & out Cozumel if possible.

Spirit charges fees on everything. And cancels flights with no warning. Does it always take three hours? I thought it was one hour to ferry and 30 min on the ferry?
It depends on the airport, the ferry schedule, the bus schedule, and the crossing is usually 45 mins, so no, not always three hours but it can be.

Well, I always allow at least an hour to clear I&C altho it can take much longer there, then wait time for the bus to leave, at least an hour to PDC, ½ hour to get to the ferry and get in line, wait time to leave, and ¾ hour for the crossing in good weather. I also endure long layoevers in DFW when I go, and I&C in Cozumel can take varied times, but it's always best to fly into & out Cozumel if possible.

EXACTLY. You just said exactly what I would have said.

Immigration and customs takes as long in Cozumel as Cancun right ? So it’s 2hrs fifteen minutes from Cancun to coz.

Immigration and customs takes as long in Cozumel as Cancun right ? So it’s 2hrs fifteen minutes from Cancun to coz.
Not according to some horror stories I've read. I'd rather not test it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom