American Airlines Monopoly on Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Isis and Fiesta seem to be the most popular on FB. Are you aware of the cautions?
Agree with Don. Also HTL and Budget are good options. Take the insurance: your card will not provide you with the proper insurance coverage in Mexico.

Isis and Fiesta seem to be the most popular on FB. Are you aware of the cautions?

I'm aware of the cautions to the point where I don't even rent a car there anymore. Total racket.

I feel like in the case of an accident they will selectively enforce laws.. or I'll end up paying $1,000 for a one-week rental because the rental place will sell me 25 different insurances

Typically I rent a Jeep for one day and I'm paying around 85 bucks... but now with four people it makes better sense to rent a car

I'm aware of the cautions to the point where I don't even rent a car there anymore. Total racket.

I feel like in the case of an accident they will selectively enforce laws.. or I'll end up paying $1,000 for a one-week rental because the rental place will sell me 25 different insurances

Typically I rent a Jeep for one day and I'm paying around 85 bucks... but now with four people it makes better sense to rent a car
Likewise, I don't rent cars on Cozumel. We stay in a hotel fairly close to town on Melgar, so there are always cabs readily available, and we have a taxi van driver we can call on his cellphone to take our group to dinner and bring us back as well as to take us on the excursion around the island. I enjoy the freedom from driving for a couple of weeks.

There are plenty of local car rental companies that include insurance in their daily rates. We suggest out guests rent from Emily’s Car Rental. They deliver the car to you. We rented from them when our car was at the body shop. Rental was $50usd a day including needed insurance. Fiesta, Isis, Darth are all in that same price range and have a great reputation on the island.

I’ve been using Emilys for the last few years - great service & rates (w/full insurance). Prior to Emily’s I used ISIS and they were very good also. Having a car is far more convenient for us than using the taxis. Rental costs work out to be about the same as using taxis.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom