Question LAX to Cozumel via Hobby airport on Southwest Airlines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It'll probably work. I haven't been in Hobby in decades, and I'm sure it's changed a lot, but I'm fine with one-hour changes in DFW and IAH. Chief will probably chime in tomorrow.

American and United have fares in the $300+range almost every day from April 15 to May 15 depending on how many nights you want to stay.
View attachment 704780
Thanks Don for the update. I checked on United just now and I don’t see those prices. Most flights in that time frame have 18-21 hours layover. Found only one with a 5 hour layover and regular economy is over $600. Didn’t see anything less than $500.

This same route is how I’ve been getting to CZM the last two trips. The departure time from LAX is very early in order to make the mid-morning connection at Hobby. I was happily surprised to find the connecting gate right across from my arrival gate. With two free bags,I love Southwest ❤️. And I had just enough time to grab a quick “breakfast“ at Chick-fil-A…

So are the airports in Chicago, New York, Miami, New Orleans, etc. The time of year that they have problems varies, though.
Miami and New Orleans didn't make the top ten of the thirty largest airports on this study: America's 10 Most Weather Delayed Major Airports | The Weather Channel - Articles from The Weather Channel | weather.com I'd think both are in the thirty largest, but I'm not sure.

Weather delays would be a lot lower if Texas hubs were in the semi-arid West Texas, we get storms out here but not as long term as East Texas, but the weather had little to do with why hubs developed. I remember back in the 60s that Continental used a non-hub system like SWA, and we changed planes in El Paso on the way to LAX.
DFW is #3 for weather related delays
I guess various studies use different criteria. The Weather.com study I linked above show DFW and IAH as #9 and #10. Hobby was not included probably because it's not in the thirty bigges.

I checked on United just now and I don’t see those prices.
Well, checking Matrix for air fare prices first will give you the cheapest possibilities, except for SWA who doesn't furnish them data. The airline sites may not be geared that way. It gets a little trickier searching flights from the west coast as unchecking Overnight is not always the best approach since the flights from west to east during the wee hours sometimes are your best approach, but this looks nice, non-stop each way...
1643828882365.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom