Old men ought to be explorers
- Reaction score
- # of dives
- 500 - 999
I think that I am known to be a fanatic about CO risks, while diving or not, but I really feel that too little is done to protect from this common yet toxic gas. I try to get my daughter as well as anyone else I know to take a CO alarm on any overnight trip. Hotels seldom have those in the rooms, sometimes not even Smoke alarms, but they all have water heaters, probably have room heaters even in the Caribbean and Central America, and many of those are gas burner heaters. These tourists paid a lot to stay at a Sandals resort, then again with their lives...
Three American tourists found dead inside two villas at a resort in the Bahamas earlier this month suffered monoxide poisoning, local media reported.