Trip Report BVI Aggressor - Awesome Trip and Crew

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the great trip report!

One question..... How did you guys do on the rock toss into the cliff hole at the entrance to the Baths? I was there two years ago and missed by just a few inches!

So we got there and a few people tried. Me? Challenge accepted. I wasn't going to stop till I got one.

Yes, no witnesses, but I did get one... But I had to know it wasnt a fluke... I ended up getting 2 in a row, and the 3rd one went all the way in and bounced out! Almost 3 in a row :p

Just returned from the 3/02 trip. This is only my 4th Aggressor (and no other Liveaboards) and those in the Carib so take that into consideration. Won’t restate what has been accurately reported, but to reiterate that the staff are GREAT, especially the chef, Brad. We had 10 divers and there were 12 scheduled the following week. Crew stated this is fairly common. I assume this is unsustainable for the owners. Combination of difficulty/expense getting there and fact they are only Caribbean Liveaboard with tenders. Ladders have already been replaced once and still not right. I’m 69 y/o in relatively decent shape, but with bad shoulders. Half way through the week had to let them lift the BC into the boat after dive. My BC doesn’t have removable weight pockets so felt really bad for those young ladies lifting my rig into the tender.

On the positive side, the tenders give the crew the opportunity to select dive sites based on conditions. We even changed dive sites mid-dive (reboarded tender and moved) once.

The boat is REALLY nice. New and larger than other Aggressors I’ve been on. As a solo diver, I got my own stateroom, as did the guy I would have shared with. So, 6 of 10 cabins used this trip. Staff worked very hard, and well together, though not as stressed as the OP who had a full boat.

Finally comments on getting there. I flew Charlotte to San Juan on AA and then onto Tortola on Silver Airways. Having done that I would fly to St. Thomas and take the ferry. Cheaper, better options of flights. Ferry terminal is easy walking distance to Virgin Cay.

Would I go again? I’m glad I did. Might go again, especially if they find a way to improve the tender experience. If you’re interested, I’d do it soon in case they aren’t successful long term.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom