2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark just bought me a bike computer to aid in understanding my speeds and help me in my training. So, having takn the bike for a light spin to the grocery store and to a friends, your tines are so impressive WB! I was averaging about 12-14 mph on the flats, without overdoing it since I have a 5k race tomorrow. Your speeds are awesome. I am definitely enjoying the bike and being outdoors and even the things like going to get cat treats on it (imperative, really...). I look forward to ridingmore and becoming a better rider.

Saturday 11/28 - rest day. Bike 3 miles around the 'hood. Mellow. Tomorrow - race time!!

Mark just bought me a bike computer to aid in understanding my speeds and help me in my training. So, having takn the bike for a light spin to the grocery store and to a friends, your tines are so impressive WB! I was averaging about 12-14 mph on the flats, without overdoing it since I have a 5k race tomorrow. Your speeds are awesome. I am definitely enjoying the bike and being outdoors and even the things like going to get cat treats on it (imperative, really...). I look forward to ridingmore and becoming a better rider.

Saturday 11/28 - rest day. Bike 3 miles around the 'hood. Mellow. Tomorrow - race time!!

Good luck in your 5K!

Warmup:
250m x 4 with 30 second rest intervals

Burgener Warmup

Ring Rows

Shoulder Press

Workout:
21 reps Push Press #45
21 reps Green Band pullups
21 reps GHD situps
Total Time: 2:24

10 Horizontal ring rows (Lay on back and pull chest up to rings)

500m Row 1:58

10 reps Overhead Squats 25# Barbell

Thanks WB. The race went well. My pace and body felt a lot better this time, so I was surprised to see that I was mildly slower than my first 5k. Came in at 37:31, 12.08 pace. I dont mind though as I felt lots better this race. Will be signing up for another in about three week and so I hope to have a better pace. :)

Took a nap this afternoon and awoke to some stiffness and tenderness. Went for a mild bikeride to my best friends house. I love that I can make it door-to-door in about 4 minutes. So fun!

Hang clean full twin 11L (double AL80's) gear set-up onto skiff gunwale to mount up; haul myself out of water on small skiff ladder with twin 11L tanks still on back (not advisable after a long deco dive however). Two repetitions carrying each of two 32kg luggage bags full of wet unstable dive gear up seven flights of stairs to a guest apartment here in Manila Philippines (current temperature 32deg C and a thousand percent humidity:coke: )

My New Years Resolution is to begin running, so I figured I'd get a month early start. I see the reports of some of you running and thought I'd try.

I've been reading about Pose running in the CrossFit Journals for the past year, but have been too dead set against running to give it a try.

Finally tonight I figured it was time to branch out, even if it was only baby steps. After reviewing some video clips, I tried the Pose running for 400 meters. The notes warned that the calves would get a nice work out from running on the balls of your feet, but my back isn't jarred to death like it would be from the "heel strike" running. Perhaps there's something to this and a 5K in my future... LOL

Pose Running
POSE METHOD® - by Dr.Nicholas Romanov

Well I'm up to my eye balls in end of the term grad school stuff with scary deadlines looming on the near horizon and unfortuantely exercise won't be as regular for the next few weeks. But then I have 5 weeks totally off - so the effort is worth it!

I did however manage to slip out sunday for a few cold water dives in huge swell and low vis just for sanity & ended up getting quite a workout swimming against the swell.

Today I slipped out into the gym and cranked 25 minutes on the elipitical. I felt like I wanted to run full speed away from this pile of work - so really it was no effort at all.

Glad to hear you survived the 5K! That's cool that it felt easier.... even if it was slower. Personally, I'd rather it feel easier! :)
Hey, that isn't a bad way to consider it. Thanks for the mental adjustment WB!

My New Years Resolution is to begin running, so I figured I'd get a month early start. I see the reports of some of you running and thought I'd try.

I've been reading about Pose running in the CrossFit Journals for the past year, but have been too dead set against running to give it a try. Finally tonight I figured it was time to branch out, even if it was only baby steps. After reviewing some video clips, I tried the Pose running for 400 meters. The notes warned that the calves would get a nice work out from running on the balls of your feet, but my back isn't jarred to death like it would be from the "heel strike" running. Perhaps there's something to this and a 5K in my future... LOL

Pose Running
POSE METHOD® - by Dr.Nicholas Romanov

Awesome WB! I will look your links as I have heard about this and have oftentimes wondered about it. Similarly, I will look forward to your progress along the road!

Well I'm up to my eye balls in end of the term grad school stuff with scary deadlines looming on the near horizon and unfortuantely exercise won't be as regular for the next few weeks. But then I have 5 weeks totally off - so the effort is worth it!

I did however manage to slip out sunday for a few cold water dives in huge swell and low vis just for sanity & ended up getting quite a workout swimming against the swell.

Today I slipped out into the gym and cranked 25 minutes on the elipitical. I felt like I wanted to run full speed away from this pile of work - so really it was no effort at all.

I am impressed that you went diving. Ocean Beach (in SF) was the subject of some 25' waves last week, so I ended up staying home on Saturday, opting for some bike riding instead. Better viz! :) I hope to hit the water soon though - perhaps over Xmas.

Good luck on your papers and end of the semester work. No doubt you'll be through it soon, with flying colors, and it will become a part of the distant past.

Monday 11/30 - No workout. Rest day.

Tuesday 12/1 - Cycling class. Again, the teacher kicked out butts with long stretches of 'uphills'. I am not sure that it was the wisest idea to go the class this morning as I had a pretty rough night after our family dog passed away - but I felt like the distraction would be a welcome change and the exercise would do me some good. My thinking was sound, until Journey came on during the class and I found myself tearing up a bit. In retrospect, it is really funny - but it'll be a hard day for our family. Funny how our pets become such an integral part of our lives ...

Hoping to do some swimming tomorrow. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom