2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We get home from 10 day vacation in cave country over Thanksgiving... Terri looks over her shoulder at the mirror remarking - dang - we need to go cave diving more often - I couldn't agree more... :)

Static cheater arm curl position for 5 seconds, 3 repetitions --using compact digital scale to weigh luggage full of wet technical dive gear for the trip home to LA from Chuuk FSM/Manila Philippines:
28kg and 22kg for the check-in baggage; and 15kg for the carry-on backpack, of which 8kg mass is in five regulators 1st & 2nd stages with brass spg's . . .(I am gonna get killed on overweight baggage charges:depressed: )

About 15-20 people showed up to the M&G but swell was big - kinda hard to exit & not great vis most people only did one dive. Sarita you didn't miss anything. My partner and I checked out BW for a second dive which had less swell and kicked out to the Metridium which had about 15ft vis - and kinda dull. Then stuck around for another night dive at BW but toured around on a scooter so it wasn't much exercise
;-).

Sorry to hear that it wasn't as good as everyone had hoped. I don't mind getting wet for low viz dives, but when you are with a group of people, it helps when it is better viz. Alas!

Tuesday 12/08 - Cycling class (60 minutes) with the Moulin Rouge soundtrack - kinda fun! I have decided to make a more concerted effort to stay in my heart rate zone during the class. So, less calories, but I believe better training overall. Approximately 500 calories.

Made it to the pool today for 45 min of swimming laps on/off.

Very close to being done with the term & having 5 weeks vacation for diving & working out!! Just need to push a little bit more and maybe I'll be finished enough school work to go audit the UTD Essentials class this weekend ;-).

We get home from 10 day vacation in cave country over Thanksgiving... Terri looks over her shoulder at the mirror remarking - dang - we need to go cave diving more often - I couldn't agree more... :)

You two are too cute :wink:!

Wednesday 12/9 - 7 minute warm up on the treadmill followed by weights (upper body). Followed by 23 minutes on the elliptical for some cardio.

Warmup:
Row 250m x 4 with 30 sec rest interval
Barbell behind the neck presss
GHD Situps

Workout (for time)
1000m Row (Penny's split: 4:22; Bob's split 4:24)
21 GHD Situps
21 GHD Back Extensions
15 GHD Situps
15 GHD Back Extensions
9 GHD Situps
9 GHD Back Extensions

Bob Time: 7:21
Penny Time: 8:58

Thursday 12/10 - Best friend canceled our run this morning, and I was too cold to do it alone, so I opted to go to cycling class. There were only 2 of us in the class so our instructor kicked it up a notch. Almost all resistance training with very little recovery time between. Ugh. My avg heart rate was 150 at the end of the class. Phew! Approximately 600 calories, perhaps slightly more. Ended with stretching and roller work which felt FANTASTIC on my IT band.

Friday 12/11 - Big morning in court today, so I wasn't sleeping well last night. Got up at 5:15 a.m. and drove to the pool for a swim which always helps me think, relax, etc. 1.0 miles in 43 minutes - which isn't too bad for me. I was trying to watch my stroke "technique" and not rest too much. Seems like I did okay. Follow up with 2 laps (100m) slow and then 2 laps (100m) in the water walking lane. Kinda fun way to cool down.

... now off to court!

Back
Top Bottom