2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope to hit the water soon though - perhaps over Xmas.

Sarita,

Sorry about your pup :depressed:. Kali my dog is 10 and has been with me since 5 months. I can't even imagine the loss.

Are you comming to the M&G next weekend? Forecast is looking great :).

Warmup of air squats with proper back and shin positioning, focusing on the low snatch position that I have difficulty getting into due to low flexibility

shoulder presses with PVC pipe,

Behind the back presses with PVC pipe.

Workout:
Hang Power Snatches 3 x 6 (focus was on leg drive and bar path)

Back Squats with strict upright back positioning and vertical bar path... some of my best squats coach has seen to date.

Transitional Deadlifts from just below the knee to just above the knee to focus on straightline bar path and getting my knees out of the way.

Good Mornings for hamstring tension and strict back positioning.

Regrettably, I will not be able to make it this weekend afterall. Mark and I were able to get cheap tickets home to NC to see my mom and our dog. I had planned on getting home prior to her passing, but we didn't have enough time. At least I can now be able to spend some time with my momma. Hope you all have a GREAT time though.

I am impressed that you went diving. Ocean Beach (in SF) was the subject of some 25' waves last week, so I ended up staying home on Saturday, opting for some bike riding instead. Better viz! :)
Good luck on your papers and end of the semester work. No doubt you'll be through it soon, with flying colors, and it will become a part of the distant past.

Thanks! The swell at Lobos was managable, we even found 20+ ft vis @ 50ft. The surge was strong & it was quite beautiful in a very weird way :). I kind of liked it :).

Just rented a room in Monterey for 5 weeks of non-stop diving over brake - now to find a gym & a pool ;-).

Tuesday: 45 minutes swimming laps on/off in the pool

Thurs Workout:
Hang Power Cleans 3 x 7 (40kg, 45kg, 55kg, 55kg, 60kg, 55kg, 55kg)

My Cleans lacked explosion, so coach transitioned me to Back Squats with a twist... fast, explosive reps.

Back Squats
55kg x 5 (first rep slow, 4 reps explosive) 2 minute rest and repeat sets 3 times
55kg x 6 (first rep slow, 5 reps explosive)

Transitional Deadlifts 55kg x 6 x 4 (just below knee to just above the knee)

I was dead tired at the end... lots of heavy central nervous system load for me.... all that explosive work left me wiped out.

Thursday - C25K program. Unsure of the distance ran.

Friday - flight to NC. No exercise other than getting around Houston airport.

Saturday - C25K program. 28 minutes jogging with 5 warm up and cool down.

Glad you all are still at it. I'm just kinda giving up on the workout schedule for a few weeks and getting lots of work done ;-).

I did manage to sneak out yesterday (sat) for some diving. About 15-20 people showed up to the M&G but swell was big - kinda hard to exit & not great vis most people only did one dive. Sarita you didn't miss anything. My partner and I checked out BW for a second dive which had less swell and kicked out to the Metridium which had about 15ft vis - and kinda dull. Then stuck around for another night dive at BW but toured around on a scooter so it wasn't much exercise
;-). First two dives plenty of kicking so today I feel it ;-). Now back to school work - it's getting done.

Back
Top Bottom