2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Enjoy the warm weather Kathy. It's overcast and cold here in SF!

Saturday - test rides on the road bike around Golden Gate Park. Trying to get used to toe clips and light climbing.
Sunday - C25K - 28 minutes of jogging around Fort Mason and Aquatic Park, including the bike hill btw the two. Challenging but I am getting better on hills, exc for the fact that I keep maxing out on my heart rate zones....

Very cool.... errr... warm! I have the same issues regarding diving sans drysuit. Went diving in SFL in August, and it was my first dive without a drysuit or wetsuit in a few years.... weird feeling! I hope your "chest bruising" goes away! :D

14446_172330765834_750695834_2946332_602852_n.jpg

Great pic :)! No wetsuit? What was the temp?

Just started diving cold water/drysuit last May and have logged about 40 cold water/drysuit dives. Still didn't feel 100% of the warm water skills/confidence - but after hoping into warm water in a wetsuit - realized just how well I am doing in the dry suit & kinda missed playing with the bubble :D. It was really encouraging :).

Enjoy the warm weather Kathy. It's overcast and cold here in SF!

Thanks Sarita!

Sunday - it was a fun day canoeing along the mangrove shoreline, lots of beautiful birds, glided through little channels in the mangroves, beach combed, lots of hiking and warm tropical sunny weather.

Took the touring bikes out for a ride on a beautiful sunny day.

We both tried something new. We cycled over 30 miles on the LMST using just one gear, passing more people than passed us! So that's what a single speed bike feels like... quite a unique workout.... now... where is that foam roller?!?

32 Miles, 2hr45 min

It was like 85-87F most of the time... the few times it dipped to 81F was like "brrrrrrrrrrrr"... lol

:rofl3: In shorts? You must be tough!

@ 85F I'm still in my 5mm ;-).

Hang Clean two 60lbs check-in luggage full of tech diving gear on the scale (the overweight baggage charges/penalties hurt more than the lift:depressed: ); snatch lift/shoulder press carry-on luggage into overhead bin (unstable "sack of potatoes" mass --six regultors in technical configuration weighing nearly 20lbs total). Upon arrival in Manila Philippines, slide and manuever check-in luggage from the baggage claim carousel into a front squat lift up onto a cart. Load luggage into small four-door Honda sedan with absolutely atrocious body mechanics and posture. . .

Hang Clean two 60lbs check-in luggage full of tech diving gear on the scale (the overweight baggage charges/penalties hurt more than the lift:depressed: ); snatch lift/shoulder press carry-on luggage into overhead bin (unstable "sack of potatoes" mass --six regultors in technical configuration weighing nearly 20lbs total). Upon arrival in Manila Philippines, slide and manuever check-in luggage from the baggage claim carousel into a front squat lift up onto a cart. Load luggage into small four-door Honda sedan with absolutely atrocious body mechanics and posture. . .

:D Hey where are you heading? I spent 5 weeks all over the PI last summer! Then headed to Indo. Fantastic diving! Looking forward to hearing about it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom