2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3-4X a week?! That's dedication, but I'm still not sold on couples dancing :wink:! When I have to follow for extended periods, I tend to step on toes :shocked2:!

Tomorrow I get to slip into my beloved warm water gear, glide into clear 80F water, liberate my hands from these new clumbsy dry gloves and enjoy So Fla reefs & moms Turkey for a few days ;-).

Have a good holiday you all!
All the pressure in ballroom is on us Leaders: a good leader knows his partner's capabilities & talents for that particular style and tries to showcase them on the dancefloor. Any toes that get stepped on, anything that looks bad or goes wrong --it's always the Guys fault (just like in real life:D !).

Happy Thanksgiving and good luck on finals!

Warmup at Home:
Row 250m x 4 with 30 second rest intervals

Myofacial release with Foam Roller

Warmup at Gym:
With PVC bar:
Jump Shrugs x 5 x 3
Muscle Snatches x 3 x 3
Overhead Squats x 5 x 3
Behind the neck press x 5 x 3

With Empty Bar:
Snatch Grip Behind the neck Press x 10
Back Squat x 10 (focus on upright back/chest position)
Upright Row x 10 (Elbows stay over wrists)
Bent Over Row x 10

Workout:
Hang Power Snatch 6 x 3; 30kg, 35kg, 40kg, 40kg, 45kg (99#)
Back Squat 10 x 3, 60kg(132#) (upright back position)
Transitional Deadlifts 5 x 3, 40kg(88#) (ended up with nice bloody shins... lol)
Good Morning 8 x 2, 30kg

Satisfying night of lifting.

Attacked the Foam Roller when I got home for more Myofacial release.

I need to get a foam roller at some point so that I can stop doing weird hip stretches when I stand. They are awesome.

Friday 11/20 - Swam laps - 1.0 miles in approximately 55 minutes. Approximately 450 calories. I absolutely adore ending my work week with a morning swim - especially if before going to court.

My plans have changed a bit about my road bike and so I will be going this evening to purchase it. I am super excited. Hope to have pictures of it soon! :)

Yeah, whatcha gettin'? :)

Got it!! Fuji Finest 1.0, 103 derailler. Sweet! Picture tomorrow!

Warmup:
Row 250m x 4 with 30 second rest intervals
Jump Shrugs, Muscle Snatches, Overhead Squat with PVC, Behind the neck press
Shoulder Press, Push Press, Push Jerk 45, 65, 75, 95

Workout:
Overhead Squat 95, 105, 115, 125, 132#/60kg PR

Continuing to progress my shoulder strength. In March I couldn't OHS an empty bar without dropping it due to poor flexibility. Stuck doing PVC for quite a while. Haven't tried a 1RM OHS in many months, but had a 5RM @ 65lbs in Sept.

Still had more gas in the tank, but noticed on video review significant loss of upright back angle between this and previous attempt. Satisfied with a 132lb PR! Coach's patience and skills work is paying off!

Overhead Squat 132lb/60kg PR on Vimeo

Happy Thanksgiving and good luck on finals!
Thanks Kev!

Got it!! Fuji Finest 1.0, 103 derailler. Sweet! Picture tomorrow!

Sweet!

Flew to So Fla

Friday: 50 minute mellow 25ft deep dive in 80F to dial in warm water gear, punched my chest alot looking for the drysuit inflator :). Swam laps 25 minutes in the hotel pool.

Saturday: 2 - 50+ minute wetsuit dives 78F down to 74ft. 50 ft vis, relaxing but it's funny I miss my drysuit.

Tomorrow heading out for a long ocean canoe with my dad along the shore & lots of hiking.

Thanks Kev!

Sweet!

Flew to So Fla

Friday: 50 minute mellow 25ft deep dive in 80F to dial in warm water gear, punched my chest alot looking for the drysuit inflator :). Swam laps 25 minutes in the hotel pool.

Saturday: 2 - 50+ minute wetsuit dives 78F down to 74ft. 50 ft vis, relaxing but it's funny I miss my drysuit.

Tomorrow heading out for a long ocean canoe with my dad along the shore & lots of hiking.

Very cool.... errr... warm! I have the same issues regarding diving sans drysuit. Went diving in SFL in August, and it was my first dive without a drysuit or wetsuit in a few years.... weird feeling! I hope your "chest bruising" goes away! :D

14446_172330765834_750695834_2946332_602852_n.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom