2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's a sprint tri?

That's awesome that he does so well. If you ever talk to him, I would love to know what his training schedule looks like ... if you wouldn't mind picking his brain about it.

Tuesday 11/17 - Cycling / Spinning class! I love it. Although last week I was really sore the two days after. I explained that to the teacher today and so he gave me more pointers on how to deal with it - so I am hoping that I am not quite so bad this week. I do :heart: that class though.

If you're like me, the variety of incorporating lots of different modes of exercise can keep things fresh and exciting!

I'm thinking about a goal of competing in the annual Arnold Classic next March in Columbus (yes... your Governor!) in Oly Weightlifting. Video taped a meet this past weekend and it was fun to watch. Who knew that watching guys and gals quickly throw heavy weights over their head could be so exciting?!? But the cheers and shouts from the crowd were every bit as motivating as other events that people compete in.

Oh... and a side note... a friend from Cleveland just visited San Francisco and said that he worked out in one of the most motivating and fun CrossFit affliliates he'd every participated with.... so they might be worth a look sometime. The founder of that affiliate, Kelly Starrett, has some great videos that I watch for ideas on working around tight or injured shoulders and general flexibility.

nice race! that is something I would be interested in.

Here's a photo from Scott's last tri. I loved his caption/comment below.

8223_1221718899773_1132977375_696462_1443397_n.jpg

Calories Burned = 5,761, Official Race Time = 5 hours and 45 minutes, Running across the finish line with your daughter = Priceless!

9631_1231020372304_1132977375_722749_3263894_n.jpg

That's awesome!! Thanks for asking him. I definitely need to get a better bike though. Have begun the process of searching for a road bike, although I find them scary :)

Warmup:
At Home:
Cycling with the bike on the trainer: 15 minutes

At the Gym:
Overhead Squat x 5
Good Morning x 5
Behind the neck press x 5
Back Squat x 5

Workout:
Back Squat 55kg x 5; 65kg x 5; 75kg x 5

Kanga Squat (combination of Good Morning then an A$$T0Ground Squat) x 8 x 3

Power Snatches x 3 x 5