2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tuesday: tonight I swam laps on/off in the pool for 1.5 hours. Doing well enough to meet the requirements for the Fundies class that I just paid the deposit on today & still have have 3 months to get stronger ;-).

Myself and some Essentials grads that I really like formed our new team & we are all in same class! I couldn't be more excited ;-)!

Tuesday: tonight I swam laps on/off in the pool for 1.5 hours. Doing well enough to meet the requirements for the Fundies class that I just paid the deposit on today & still have have 3 months to get stronger ;-).

Myself and some Essentials grads that I really like formed our new team & we are all in same class! I couldn't be more excited ;-)!

Being with a group of divers you like and are familiar with is an incredible boon in Fundies and beyond!

Being with a group of divers you like and are familiar with is an incredible boon in Fundies and beyond!

We loose one teammate in July to Europe, but at least we will have each other to go through basics & dive together pre/post class. We will probably all make it into doubles together too :).

Lucky for us, we have a huge community here that is already mentoring, and will continue to support our growth :D!

Sounds like fun Kathy. Were do you bike at night? I can't wait to get some lights.

Wednesday and Thursday - Lost days for me. My calves have been really sore since the spinning class. Almost unbearable yesterday. I think I overdid it. :blush: Anyhow, today they are much better, but I want to be in a good place for Sunday, so I am holding off on the exercise today, unless I do some pilates tonight. I might swim laps tomorrow.

I think you were referring to my night rides. We ride on the Bike path to keep the "safety factor" higher.... We had the trail to ourselves other than the miscellaneous animals.

Warmup:
250m x 4 with 30 sec rest intervals

5 minute row: 1200 meters (PR)

Pushed too hard on the 5 minute row and tweaked my back and strained my shoulders.... stupid, stupid, stupid!!!

Workout:
Was leery of a workout after my stupidity "warming up".

Front Squats 5 x 5 (kept back form good... no pain or tweaks)

Power Cleans with focus on elbow speed and bar path close to body. 5 x 5

Letting the weight back down to the thighs really strained my delts.... so much so that I had to call it a night and remind myself I'm not a spring chicken anymore. :(

11/11 1.5 hours scuba in the pool but it wasn't much exercise

11/12

Chest/shoulder/tri

Chest
Flat bench/ incline dumbbell 4 sets X 12-10 reps

Shoulders
Not sure the name of the exercises but did 3
One standing straight up with the bar at the waist, close grip, pull up towards the chin and back down - what's the name? Good for shoulders & traps: 4 sets X 12

And two other great core exercises - don’t' know the name but they give a good work out 4 sets X 12

Tri
Overhead tri extension with dumbbell 4 sets X 10
Cable tri extension 4 sets X 10

30 crunches

and had a few more minutes before they closed to jump on the elliptical
8 minutes up the steepest hill profile - felt like I was at 15,000ft ;-).

Heading out on a university field trip this weekend - it's all about hiking.

Sarita: I live right next to the mountain bike trails in mid peninsula. We can chat about it at the M&G :).

Quick 8 minute elliptical

11/11 1.5 hours scuba in the pool but it wasn't much exercise

11/12

chest/shoulder/tri

chest
flat bench/ incline dumbbell 4 sets x 12-10 reps

shoulders
not sure the name of the exercises but did 3
one standing straight up with the bar at the waist, close grip, pull up towards the chin and back down - what's the name? [upright row] good for shoulders & traps: 4 sets x 12

and two other great core exercises - don’t' know the name but they give a good work out 4 sets x 12 [ballroom dancing, good core exercises and much more fun!:wink: ]

tri
overhead tri extension with dumbbell 4 sets x 10
cable tri extension 4 sets x 10

30 crunches

and had a few more minutes before they closed to jump on the elliptical
8 minutes up the steepest hill profile - felt like i was at 15,000ft ;-).

Heading out on a university field trip this weekend - it's all about hiking.

Sarita: I live right next to the mountain bike trails in mid peninsula. We can chat about it at the m&g :).

Quick 8 minute elliptical
. . .

Sunday 11/15 - ran my first 5k today. Did as anticipated although I am still waiting for my official time. Felt rougher than I had hoped, but that's okay.

Congrats Sarita!!!!!! I love running 5Ks. Just getting out there and doing it is an accomplishment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom