2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This week have been slacking on gym time - instead running dive gear bottles all over the place. If lifting doubles and kicking in XL Jets counts, I'm getting plenty of exercise.

Wed - did two dives at lobos. Long surface swims down to about 65ft in 53F water.

Tweaking and fine tuning gear after my class. Swapped so much gear this week - the dives were a bit of a challenge. Joined my instructor for a mini evaluation (not really fair on all this new gear) while leading a recreational diver as a partner.

LOL, and add the instructors ever-present camera, navigation to a new site, hunting critters for the partner and teaching the rec diver the basics. A little task-loading for sure, but it all pretty much co-opperated and the new gear made life easier except these huge new fins - but I'm determine to slowly tame them into submission!

Last edited:
Thursday:

Warmup:
250m x 4 with 30 second rest intervals

5 minute Row: 1052m

Ankle/Achilles stretches

PVC Stretches

Workout:
2 hours of Snatch Practice.... flexibility at the bottom of the lift is not my friend, and it may not be in time for the "practice meet" in Columbus 9 days away... but I'm going to push as if I can do it and see how close I can get!!

Thursday 11/5 - Feeling a little under the weather this morning, but got up to meet my best friend for a jog nonetheless. Did our C25K program - 5 minute warmup & cool down with 25 minutes of jogging. I think we might have walked about 3 minutes of the 25, so I was happy enough. Total distance travelled approximately 3.2 miles.

Making me really look forward to the 5k in about 9 days!

Warmup:
Cycling 15 minutes; Easy pace (10.5mph)
250 Row x 4 with 30 sec rest intervals

Workout:
Each of the following, one at a time in sequence as one set. Each set with increasing weight from PVC bar to 40kg
Snatch Balance
Drop Snatch
Overhead Squat
Good Morning

Repeat BS & GM sequence with increasing weight up to 65kg
Back Squat x3, Good morning x3

Shrug Cleans (x5) focusing on elbow speed, bar path, and back positioning. 5 Sets with increasing weight to 35 kg.

Only had one hour, so coach kept the workout short and sweet!

I had a hearing on Friday morning requiring me to leave at the crack of dawn to get to Court, so I didn't get to workout on Friday. Yesterday turned into a lost day after losing most of the night to a neighbors dog barking through the night. So, I slept in and then had a busy day planned. Alas.

Sunday 11/8 - C25K program with my best friend. 5 min warm-up/cool down with 25 minutes. Again we did about 23 minutes in a jog, only walking about 2 minutes. The great news was that we did the race course that we'll be doing next weekend and we completed it in just over 37 minutes, including the times to warm up and cool down - so I was pretty pleased with that. We are ready to go for next weekend. Won't win any prizes, but I'll be pleased with myself.

Additionally, today I weighed myself and for the second day in a row, the scales indicate that I've removed 24 pounds since I began working out, so I am really pleased. Still have a ways to go, but I am super excited!

Mostly circuit training two or three times a week, working on an easy interval swimming/lifting program based on elements of Olympian Dara Torres' Regimen (can't afford the two private trainers and massuese though :wink: ). All the power stuff (hang cleans & squats) are performed simply when I take my doubles in for gas fills, or down to the dockside and the diveboat. . .

And when not diving on the weekends, trying to figure out how to lead a smooth Lindy Hop :eyebrow:!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom