Who is comming to the MoCal Meet and Greet this weekend (Dec 5th)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very cool!
and thanks for the dive reports :)

Ummm .. names under the piccers would help those of us that are clueless about who's who :wink:

Sure could someone fill in the names on my group photo so I know who everyone is? Seems like I didn't have a lot of time to chat with everyone, since we were late everywhere we went Saturday.

Great reports everyone! Thanks to all who joined us...it was really nice to meet and dive with all of you. Great day, even though diving conditions weren't the best. :D

The surf was quite challenging for me on my entrance at Lover's II. As soon as I got down to the beach my weight pouch decided to jump out of my BC into the surf. I successfully rescued it after chasing it through a few waves. I put it back into my BC, with help from my buddy, then head into the water to be knocked to my knees by the first wave. Once I get back on my feet, we head out thru the surf with no problem but I didn't want to stop too soon to get my fins on because my new boots make it a real PITA to get them on and some of the waves were breaking quite a ways out. Paula had her fins on, so I took my reg out to ask her to tow me out a bit. As I turned to look at her, I saw a huge wave coming towards me and I didn't have my reg in my mouth! Luckily, all that happened was a flooded mask and I got my reg in my mouth fast. I finally got my fins on and we started swimming out to find the pinnacle. Thanks for all the help Paula!
IMG_7019_copy.jpg
[/IMG]

The pinnacle ended up not being under the patch of kelp I thought it was under. Sorry for the misleading directions everyone! I think the buoy must have been submerged because of the high tide. Here's a pic from our last dive out there...this is what we were looking for.
IMG_6715_copy.jpg

Paula and I swam out more to where we thought it was, but never found it either. We did find a cool looking gear/wheel of some sort though.
IMG_6986_copy.jpg

IMG_6983_copy.jpg

Paula and I got separated and when we surfaced to find each other we found Kristina without a buddy, so she joined us on the dive. Shortly after we decended, we turned around and there was Robin. :)
IMG_7018_copy.jpg

So, the four of us finished the dive and exited on the stairs on the cement pier, so we didn't have to deal with the surf at Lover's II again. I guess we were right by the pinnacle when Robin found us because he said he just left it when he ran into us.

We decided to bag the 2nd dive and go rinse our gear and get fills for Sun. We met up with everyone at Gianni's around 4:00. Here's a pic of those that went to Gianni's, except for Mike Miller. He was there early and took off to get some needed sleep at the hotel. The names from left to right are: Steve (sgrunert), Paula (PKHamrick), Kathy (kathydee), Erik (supersand?), Peter (Peter C), Ron (Brewski), Carrie (MSBrew) and John.
IMG_7026_copy.jpg

As people were packing up we got everyone together for a quick photo opportunity. Thanks to Mike for pestering our Scubaboard hosts for the banner :)

attachment.php

I don't remember everyone's name either, but here are the names I do remember from left-right.
Ron (Brewski), Kathy (kathydee), Kat (janeothejungle), Steve (sgrunert), Paula (PKHamrick), John, ? (webrunner), Michelle (micboucher), Alan (DiverAlan), Robin (ryssyr), Mike (mikemill), Erik (supersand), ? (Bogie) Kristina (pacificgal), ?, Peter (Peter C)

Just wanted to drop a note and say what a pleasure it was to meet some of the faces behind the names. Steve, thanks for being a stellar dive buddy with superior nav skills. Hope to see (dive with) y'all in the future. And the myth of crystal clear vis at Lovers 1 or 2 continues......

p1010153.jpg

p1010152.jpg

P1010180.jpg

Cheers,
Kat

Now that is funny. I was about to post the same link, but figured I would refresh to make sure no one else posted. Thanks Rob for posting your and Clinton's photos for identification purposes. While I was wandering through the photos I found a couple other fish I saw in Monterey last weekend that I wanted to identify and did so :)

Kat nice photos. I think you get the award for driving the furthest. Sorry you came all that way and only got one dive in. Next time you need to stay for the weekend, but hopefully on a weekend where the diving is a little better.

In our group photo second from the right (Next to me) is Sean, who can be found working at Backscatter.

Well I didn't dive, but I did have fun getting to meet at least a few of you. Hopefully I'll get to know some more of you the next time and I will be able to dive. I'm glad I didn't dive since it wasn't so great. I at least go to walk around while everyone was diving and explored the town. I left around 3:30 so didn't get to enjoy the pizza time, but maybe next time. I'm just happy to know that there are some great people around to go dive with! Thanks for the fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom