Who is comming to the MoCal Meet and Greet this weekend (Dec 5th)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah, this weekend was kind of a bummer diving wise. lots of stuff happening to equipment, delays, --I lost my buddies twice--found them both times, and not so great conditions. plus my camera started getting weird on me.

Once we moved to Breakwater, I was happy with the diving. The only thing that really bothered me at Lovers was the surge. I guess since I dive the North Coast mostly I am used to 10 feet of vis and consider anything better a treat :D

It does seem like many of us were having equipment problems. Leaky inflator valves. Drygloves that let the water in twice. HID lights that turn off by themselves. Cameras acting weird :eyebrow: A scooter that had the trigger cable jump out of track. Along with anything else I am not aware of.

I kinda had fun riding the surf in at Lovers ;-), but had to scurry to help everyone out of the waves. I agree, diving BW was a relaxing treat even in so/so vis.

My only gear issue was when my glove popped open before the first decent & my liner got a bit soggy ;-).

Let's throw another equipment snafu on - my knife decided to go for a permanent swim sometime during my night dive. You two (Peter/Kathy) didn't happen to see anything shiny by the wall during your scooter ride did ya?

Wow,

What a report on so/so conditions... Well I dove the Silver Prince and we went all the way out to Carmel for two dives... Conditions looked favorable as I didn't get seasick and I didn't take Dramamine since I was heavlily on anti-biotics, I didn't want to get Bianchi's condition... Luckly I made it back without a hitch...

The diving was just unbearable with surge, I was tossed around like a rag doll and just couldn't get around to do nothing... I did video tape on my first dive since all the photos came out super blurred from the super surge...

Dive two was down to 85 feet to try to escape the awful surge but instead we got lighter surge with almost pitch black darkness, I didn't like the feeling and just wanted the dive to end...

The best part was the boat ride, of all the boats I've been on the Silver Prince is so easy to dive, just a simple, efficient boat that gets the job done with plenty of room and a non-slippery deck, some type of black grid to hold your feet in place...

No hidden bathroom, it's right there and you get a window to peak outside, might not want to miss a Dolphin or Whale while taking care of business...

Anyway, I'll be on her again, I can't wait for better conditions and not so much wicked surge....

MG

Very cool!
and thanks for the dive reports :)

Ummm .. names under the piccers would help those of us that are clueless about who's who :wink:

Back
Top Bottom