Anyone up for a Fall MoCal Meet & Greet???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't let me pick the site because you KNOW where we'll end up diving; SOL (South Of Lobos) :eyebrow:

I'd prefer somewhere other than Breakwater because of the crowd and parking issues.

We've previously done MAGs at Coral Street, Lover's 1 & 3, MacAbee, Breakwater quite a few times, and one at Monastery. CRB is a great dive but I don't think the locals will like us taking up all of their parking.

I'm also open to boat dives. :wink:

Wow, I just saw this thread. Sorry, I didn't get a chance to get online until now Kathy! I'd definitely be available to help out too.

Lover's or McAbee would be good sites that aren't BW, but still have parking and are good for newbies too. I would LOVE to dive Monastery and Coral St but not sure if they're the best places for an M&G because they're so dependent on conditions and then it's hard to contact everyone to let them know where we're moving to.

The only weekend in November I'm not available right now is T-day weekend. I'll be in Santa Barbara cooking dinner with my daughter in her new place and hopefully showing her how amazing diving in Calif can be. :wink:

As for date: Any date except the Dec 19/20 weekend.

As for location: We do need to parking into account. That said, if we get our act together we could meetup at a location like breakwater, load equipment and people into fewer vehicles and carpool over to the site. Or we can meetup where there is plenty of parking.

IMO the M&G part is as important as the diving part. We had one M&G that had horrible weather for diving but it was still a good time.

I'm in, depending on scheduling. I'm sure I'll come down for the week end so multiple dives and/or combinations of boat and shore dives work for me.

Lover's or McAbee would be good sites that aren't BW, but still have parking and are good for newbies too. I would LOVE to dive Monastery and Coral St but not sure if they're the best places for an M&G because they're so dependent on conditions and then it's hard to contact everyone to let them know where we're moving to.

I agree 100% with Michelle. Seeing that there's a lot of interest I say just have it soon to capitalize on the momentum. Then we can settle into a regular schedule and then rotate it as the conditions and skills dictate.

IMO the M&G part is as important as the diving part. We had one M&G that had horrible weather for diving but it was still a good time.

I agree Mike and I remember that M&G. Not too many of us got in the water but it was still a great time to meet some other divers. We could always have a backup plan to go hiking, kayaking or the aquarium too. :D

Wow, I just saw this thread. Sorry, I didn't get a chance to get online until now Kathy! I'd definitely be available to help out too.

Cool! Dan, Michelle and me as co-coordinators. How does this sound to everybody?

I agree Mike and I remember that M&G. Not too many of us got in the water but it was still a great time to meet some other divers. We could always have a backup plan to go hiking, kayaking or the aquarium too. :D

I completely agree. At my first/only M&G the conditions were rough, but I made alot of friends & had a great time despite the 2 ft vis.

We all met in one place - it was quite social. The divers sorted themselves out. Seemed to work well.

Back
Top Bottom