Nov 8th Meet & Greet in Monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

micboucher

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well, it’s that time again for a Monterey M&G! I’m keeping my fingers crossed the weather forecast is wrong and there won’t be more storms next weekend. In the event conditions cooperate, we’re going to be meeting and diving at Lover’s Point this time. The restrictions have been lifted, so we can dive all day if we want to. :D

Here are the details as of now. We can watch the weather and decide if they work later next week.

Where: Lover’s III parking area on the west side of the point. Meet there and decide which side we want to dive.
When: Saturday Nov, 8th at 9am

Dinner afterwards: Gianni’s Pizza seems to work good for a big group if that’s ok with everyone. Please let me know if you plan to go to dinner after diving, so I know how many to make reservations for.

Here’s some info on the dive site.
California Diving News - Dive Spot Monterey County: Lover's Point

I’m looking forward to seeing everyone there!

The weather forcast is looking better for next weekend but I haven't heard a peep from anyone. Will I be the only one at this event? :confused:

Im very interested in meeting you guys and diving with you as well, but Im not going to know if I can make it until the middle of next week. Is that going to be too late?

Thanks for the replies! We can decide what's happening for sure by next Thurs, so hopefully we'll hear from anyone who plans to attend by then.

8th works for me. I'll keep watching this post. I hate that I missed this weekends great vis. I thought for sure with bad weather that the vis and conditions would be terrible.

8th works for me. I'll keep watching this post. I hate that I missed this weekends great vis. I thought for sure with bad weather that the vis and conditions would be terrible.

Great! Yeah, I'm bummed I missed it too but the reports give me hope for next weekend. :D

This day looks good for me Michelle, I will see if Daniel is up for it. I will also be watching the thread...

MG

Bummer, I'll be diving at Catalina! Have fun you guys.

I have some pics that I took exactly one year ago that I'd like to share; the water is clear during these months and the sealife is abudant. I saw harbor seals and many fish, stars and eel grass.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom