Nov 8th Meet & Greet in Monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be in Monterey this weekend but with classes both mornings. I'm staying over so maybe can connect later on Saturday.

Nice shots Mike! Yeah, it just depends on the storms that come through this time of year. Let's hope for vis Sat like you had last year.

Jeff, it would be great if you could make it for dinner.

Last edited:
Hi there. I am hoping to make it, but have to do a test run with one contact in, one out to see how I fair with it. I am not going to count myself as a definite until I see how that works out for me. But I hope to be there!

Sarah - funny thing, I went for about a month with only one contact lens, until I finally dragged my butt into the optometrist's office to order a replacement. Your brain does get used to it pretty quickly.

I haven't tried diving one-eyed though, and don't know if I'd be comfortable doing so. Depending on how strong your prescription is, I'd be fairly disconcerted if my only contact popped out underwater and I couldn't see my gauges or anything. It'd be the equivalent of being maskless.

I'll be there tentatively for 1 dive, possibly 2. Can't wait to see everyone again since I missed the last M&G.

:D

I will come down Saturday morning and make a dive. I am diving the Express in the afternoon, but then I am down for meeting for dinner.

Yay!! It looks like the weather should be nice, so let's pray to the viz gods for that to be good too. :praying:

I'm really looking forward to seeing all of you that I know again and meeting some new people. See you all Sat! :D

Hi there. I am hoping to make it, but have to do a test run with one contact in, one out to see how I fair with it. I am not going to count myself as a definite until I see how that works out for me. But I hope to be there!

I hope you can make it Sarah! An M&G without you just wouldn't be the same. :blinking:

Back
Top Bottom