Nov 8th Meet & Greet in Monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Kenn. Yeah there are a lot of DM's around. I'll be adding to the pile.

Count one more in for that pile! I'm starting my DM program in February. Already got the reading materials and getting a head start on the reading. :D

Count one more in for that pile! I'm starting my DM program in February. Already got the reading materials and getting a head start on the reading. :D

Wow, congrats on taking the leap! I think I literally know more DM/DMCs than AOW divers. You guys are all going to show up on a boat one day, and someone will finally ask "hey, are there any paying customers here?"

Hey Ken,

I guess I'm the last of the AOW divers still out there... Haven't dove since receiving my AOW cert, can hardly wait till Saturday...:D

Mike

P.S
I can hardly believe I have a custom made DUI suit in my closet and I cannot dive it this Saturday. I paid for my drysuit class and have read almost all the book and still need to be trained. I'll be doing hopefully my last wetsuit dive for a while. I do have a new pony 13cf that I'm excited about trying out on Saturday, well lets just say I'm glad it's going to be with me, hopefully I don't have to use it.

I'll be there. ...as usual, I will need a buddy too. btw. I just stared the DM course work this week. guess I will be missing some of the usual meet ups when I have to assist with classes, so this might be the last fun diving for a while.

I'll be your buddy Robin. Congrats on starting your DM work!!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Congrats to you too Katherine!! I'm looking forward to seeing you again.

Hey Ken,

I guess I'm the last of the AOW divers still out there... Haven't dove since receiving my AOW cert, can hardly wait till Saturday...:D

Mike

P.S
I can hardly believe I have a custom made DUI suit in my closet and I cannot dive it this Saturday. I paid for my drysuit class and have read almost all the book and still need to be trained. I'll be doing hopefully my last wetsuit dive for a while. I do have a new pony 13cf that I'm excited about trying out on Saturday, well lets just say I'm glad it's going to be with me, hopefully I don't have to use it.
And you gave me a hard time for going dry Mike? Once you go dry, you'll never go back. :rofl3:

See everyone tomorrow!

Michelle,

Daniel will not be able to make it he has a little girl on the way that will pop any day over this weekend... :)

But I will be able to make it down and will look forward to meeting the new divers and old friends...

That's a bummer Daniel won't be able to make but tell him I said Congrats on the new little girl.

I'm looking forward to seeing you dive your last wetsuit dive. :wink:

Mike - you've got a lot more patience than I. Diving dry is probably the single best change I've had in Monterey. It's not just staying warm in the water, too, I found I actually had enough energy to socialize with people during the SI and afterwards, instead of wanting to curl up and take a nap. :)

Hey Ken,

Mike

P.S

Well I am not even AOW, but have done all the dives with the AOW students :bored2: Then again, we could have gotten my gal AOW certified in her first week of diving so AOW does not say much about ones skills. Experience is the most important part next to having a level head. Actually I am happy if my buddy just stays close and doesn't do anything stupid. Otherwise the excitement of a new diver is contagious.

Mike, you are going to love diving dry and will never want to dive wet in cold water again. So which suit/undies did you get?

We are trying to decide whether to drive to Monterey, or dive the much closer North Coast. Should know by tonight which direction we are going.

Okay, I am out for this weekend. I have been staving off a cold for a few days now, and woke up with a pretty bad headache and slight sore throat so I am going to spend it at home. Hope that you all have a great time and I will see you next time around... :(

Michelle,

Here are the pics I took exactly one year ago at Lover's Point. The water can get very clear during these months...

ix5c45.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/2da0tvn.jpg[/IMG

No No no Mike.......

This is clear water.......:D:D

[IMG]http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj218/jimernst/Sharkdives10-16-18-08018-1.jpg

Sharkdives10-16-18-08441.jpg

No No no Mike.......

This is clear water.......:D:D

Sharkdives10-16-18-08018-1.jpg

Sharkdives10-16-18-08441.jpg

Nice shots Jim! Are you writing from the Bahamas or have you just been ignoring us? :shocked2:

Are you coming to the M&G?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom