Fall 2009 MoCal Meet & Greet Planning Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

micboucher

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well the votes are in and it looks like it will be at Lover's Point on Dec 5th. We can decide if we want to dive Lover's I, II or III that morning. I don't think there are any big events going on that weekend, so we should be able to find ample parking on the Lover's III side if we get there early enough. So here are the details.

Where: Lover's III parking area (across from Latitudes restaurant on Oceanview Blvd)
When: Dec 5th, 9am

Here's some info on the site Dive Spots - Lovers Point

Please post with any ideas of where we should meet for dinner. I like Gianni's and have no problem going there again, but it might be nice to try something different too. I would love to find a place we could project the pics from the day of diving like we used to do at Buzzards. I'm open to suggestions.

I'm really looking forward to having some fun with all of you that I know and meeting those that I don't know yet.

Thank you all for helping to pick the place/date for the Fall/Winter M&G & thanks for posting Michelle! I'm marking my Calendar now!

With the date so far in the future - I look forward to a great turnout (no excuses!) & meeting many of the personalities on this board ;-).

I hope you all can make it!

Gianni's would be a great place to handle a good amount of people, definitely good pizza there. I'm told there's a good mexican joint off of Lighthouse, near Bamboo Reef. For something a bit nicer/expensive, there's also ChartHouse. I've never tried any of the other places in the area.

I can make it for the dives and lunch but won't be able to stay for dinner. Are we allowed to stay at Lover's till dinner even? For some reason I thought they had a 2 hour parking restriction.

Well the votes are in and it looks like it will be at Lover's Point on Dec 5th. We can decide if we want to dive Lover's I, II or III that morning. I don't think there are any big events going on that weekend, so we should be able to find ample parking on the Lover's III side if we get there early enough. So here are the details.

Where: Lover's III parking area (across from Latitudes restaurant on Oceanview Blvd)
When: Dec 5th, 9am

Here's some info on the site Dive Spots - Lovers Point

Please post with any ideas of where we should meet for dinner. I like Gianni's and have no problem going there again, but it might be nice to try something different too. I would love to find a place we could project the pics from the day of diving like we used to do at Buzzards. I'm open to suggestions.

I'm really looking forward to having some fun with all of you that I know and meeting those that I don't know yet.

Thanks to all the planners. I will come down for the weekend and probably Friday and/or Monday as well. Company will be welcomed.

Gianni's would be a great place to handle a good amount of people, definitely good pizza there. I'm told there's a good mexican joint off of Lighthouse, near Bamboo Reef. For something a bit nicer/expensive, there's also ChartHouse. I've never tried any of the other places in the area.

How far OFF Lighthouse? There used to be a Mexican family-style restaurant ON Lighthouse across the street from Gianni's in the little mini-mall, but it's recently become a burger place (pretty good burgers, actually) named something like American Burger. The few times I've gone in there on Saturday nights the place has been empty, so I don't know how long they'll survive.

As for Gianni's, I'm pretty sure you can reserve the back dining area, as I always see birthday parties in there.

Guy

I can make it for the dives and lunch but won't be able to stay for dinner. Are we allowed to stay at Lover's till dinner even? For some reason I thought they had a 2 hour parking restriction.

Yeah! You can make it!!!

That I don't know--I heard about it from some folks from my dive club. I will have to inquire about the exact location of it.

How far OFF Lighthouse? There used to be a Mexican family-style restaurant ON Lighthouse across the street from Gianni's in the little mini-mall, but it's recently become a burger place (pretty good burgers, actually) named something like American Burger. The few times I've gone in there on Saturday nights the place has been empty, so I don't know how long they'll survive.

As for Gianni's, I'm pretty sure you can reserve the back dining area, as I always see birthday parties in there.

Guy

Yeah, I can make it, but there's a Shark's game that night that I have to be home and ready for by 5. But I'll be there :drunks:

Back
Top Bottom