Fall 2009 MoCal Meet & Greet Planning Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there any chance that someone post a map showing where Lovers is in relation to BW?

This should do it:

from: Foam and Cannery Row, Monterey, Ca. to: Pacific Grove Marine Gardens Park - Google Maps

Note that I would normally just drive along Cannery Row until it turns into Ocean View if I were coming from BW, rather than going up to Lighthouse. The route shown on the map ends right about where you park for Lover's #3 - switch to satellite view if it isn't already selected and click on "show labels", and you can see where Borg's Motel is across the street from the sort of triangular parking area on the bay side of Ocean View. Lover's #1 and #2 are on the east side of the point, #1 being the beach furthest south and #2 the one to the north of that and the concrete breakwater.

Guy

Last edited:
If I remember correctly they also had a parking restriction for time. Is that true? It was a matter of having to move your car, not feed more quarters either. We did the car swap around and got away with it...

Ive dove lovers many times and every time parked more then 2 hours and never received a citation. Granted ive officially jinxed myself now. Oh well its been more then $30 of "free" parking thus far I suppose.

Well the votes are in and it looks like it will be at Lover's Point on Dec 5th. We can decide if we want to dive Lover's I, II or III that morning. I don't think there are any big events going on that weekend, so we should be able to find ample parking on the Lover's III side if we get there early enough. So here are the details.

Where: Lover's III parking area (across from Latitudes restaurant on Oceanview Blvd)
When: Dec 5th, 9am

Here's some info on the site Dive Spots - Lovers Point

Please post with any ideas of where we should meet for dinner. I like Gianni's and have no problem going there again, but it might be nice to try something different too. I would love to find a place we could project the pics from the day of diving like we used to do at Buzzards. I'm open to suggestions.

I'm really looking forward to having some fun with all of you that I know and meeting those that I don't know yet.

We could do the fun Swim Around the Point dive! Granted the one time I did it, we were down about 65 min. Granted its shallow enough where thats possible, it was also my favorite Lovers dive to date. In at 3 out at 1.

Ill have to double check the oncall schedule and theres a small chance I could be out of state depending on how a project at works goes. However, so long as im here and someone will watch the baby long enough for me to dive ill be there.

Sorry about posting this and disappearing! I've been working ungodly hours doing a data migration for some new software at work and we just went live today, so life should get back to "normal" now.

Thanks for posting all the directions and maps guys!

I've never had a problem parking longer than 2 hrs either (knock on wood) and you can park along the street or in either parking lot (Lover's I or III).

Gianni's does let you reserve the back room, so I'll try to reserve it just in case we decide to go there.

Sweet! I am really excited and have put it on my calendar!!

Yay! I was hoping you'd be there. :D

meatzilla

Robin,

Is there anyway I could film you while you attack Meatzilla and I apply this song to the video, please??? It would be just awesome... :D:D

It would say, Ryssyr King of the meatzilla!!

Robin,

Is there anyway I could film you while you attack Meatzilla and I apply this song to the video, please??? It would be just awesome... :D:D

It would say, Ryssyr King of the meatzilla!!

Oh my god, I would die to see that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom