Fall 2009 MoCal Meet & Greet Planning Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

December 5th, I'm writing this down.
I don't know much about Monterey. Lover's is southward about 2-3 miles from Breakwater, correct?
That's not the location that kicks divers out by 11:00 am is it? I thought there was someplace like that along that stretch. Or maybe it's noon or 2:00 pm, I dunno, somebody help me out.
Maybe it's my imagination.

That's only during the summer hours, and seems to be very loosely enforced anyway. We'll be good to go in December.

It's on Ocean View drive, just across from Paula's house.:D There are three dive sites here:

Lover's Cove (aka Lover's #1), which has stairs going down to a sandy beach entry. It has the easiest entry and exit, even if the stairs are a bear when you're tired. Depth is about 20-25 ft.

Lover's 2, which is outside the cove, nearer the Point. There are another set of stairs near the entry. The diving is much like Lover's Cove but has less eel grass and is a little deeper. If you see surfers here it's probably not a good idea to go diving. :wink: Max depth is about 40 ft.

Lover's #3 is on Ocean View across from Borg's Motel and Latitudes Restaurant. It is accessed by a set of stairs parallel to the street. It's probably the best dive site of the three (IMHO), but is more advanced because it is more exposed than the others. There are plenty of rocks on the entry, so be careful going through the surf. There are small pinnacles/large rocks on a sandy bottom. I've seen bat rays and halibut in the sand, so keep your eyes open when swimming around the rocks. Max depth is about 50 ft if you kick out a long ways. If you choose to get out that far remember that this area is frequented by boat traffic, so swim back to shallower water before surfacing.

Is there any chance that someone post a map showing where Lovers is in relation to BW?

Lovers 3 doesn't have the dive time restrictions that Lovers 1 and 2 have (as far as I know).

Lovers 3 doesn't have the dive time restrictions that Lovers 1 and 2 have (as far as I know).

Only April 1 through September 30. We will not be affected by the restrictions in December.

If I remember correctly they also had a parking restriction for time. Is that true? It was a matter of having to move your car, not feed more quarters either. We did the car swap around and got away with it...

Doh, first Saturday of the month again. That's a team Lobos day so I'm not going to be able to make the M&G, but I might try to stop by and say hello in the afternoon!

Doh, first Saturday of the month again. That's a team Lobos day so I'm not going to be able to make the M&G, but I might try to stop by and say hello in the afternoon!

What is Team Lobos?

What is Team Lobos?

Oh, you don't know? Well, now this is a bit awkward...

:D J/K. What I meant is that my regular buddies and I always reserve the first Saturday of each month for diving at Point Lobos, so those days are always out for me as far as M&Gs go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom