Fall 2009 MoCal Meet & Greet Planning Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Michelle, thanks for the warm greeting. I see you dive a Whites Fusion. I am looking into this dry suit. What is your opinion? Have you dove with other dry suits?
Thanks, Alan

Welcome Alan.

You might like to know that you can rent a Fusion from Aquatic Discovery in Santa Clara. I think it's $35/d or $50/3d. I've not done it myself yet, but I plan to as part of my research into what drysuit works best for me.

Hi Eric, I was in Aquatic Discovery yesterday talking to Julian. I will probably go through their Dry Suit Class early next year and buy the Fusion. From the research I have done, the Fusion looks like the most comfortable suit available and the cost is much less than the DUI suits I have looked at. Once I take the class I will rent a few different suits and see what works for me. Being warm in Monterey; priceless!!

Hey Alan, I'm in Campbell too (west san jose, really) so if you want to consider carpooling, let me know. I'm renting my tanks the morning of the M&G, however, so I will be leaving for monterey at 5:45 am or so.
I would understand if you wanted to think about it, lol.

Sure, sounds good to me. If I remember the thread, you have Sharks tix for Sat. Night right? Went to the Senators game on Tuesday. Great game. I was planning on returning after the dives. Will this work for you? I am at San Tomas Aquino and Campbell Ave. I have a suburban so there is plenty of room. Or you can drive if you prefer. Let me know if this will work and we can exchange contact info. I will check the board later tonight.

Last edited:
Welcome Alan.

You might like to know that you can rent a Fusion from Aquatic Discovery in Santa Clara. I think it's $35/d or $50/3d. I've not done it myself yet, but I plan to as part of my research into what drysuit works best for me.

Without a drysuit cert, or known drysuit experience and a personal relationship with the LDS, do not expect them to let you try a drysuit other than in a pool.

With that said, I have a Fusion Tech Skin LE I just got and am coming from a DUI CF200. If my CF200 wasn't worn out, I would have continued to dive it. I have also owned a Trilam suit. So far I am happy with the Fusion but only have one dive on it. I plan to get a few more over this weekend. The pocket sag above water is probably the biggest issue it has. They are supposed to resolve this issue with their new skin coming. Personally I would look to that one for purchase. Read what Dive Rite In is offering to do for skin upgrades.

Feel free to take a look at my cute figure at the M&G :wink: :shocked2: :D By the end of the day I should have a better idea of how I like it. I choose it after reading some respected people on this boards reviews.

Fusion Bullet

Fusion Bullet Pricing

LOL, first time I've seen a guy bragging about his cute figure.
Alan, I'm at Hamilton and San Tomas Aquino, yes, I have Sharks tix for Saturday night so can't stay past 4.
I have to pick up tanks at Glenn's Aquarius at Breakwater at 7 am (they tend to run out of the steel 80's that I prefer if I don't come early).

Without a drysuit cert, or known drysuit experience and a personal relationship with the LDS, do not expect them to let you try a drysuit other than in a pool.

With that said, I have a Fusion Tech Skin LE I just got and am coming from a DUI CF200. If my CF200 wasn't worn out, I would have continued to dive it. I have also owned a Trilam suit. So far I am happy with the Fusion but only have one dive on it. I plan to get a few more over this weekend. The pocket sag above water is probably the biggest issue it has. They are supposed to resolve this issue with their new skin coming. Personally I would look to that one for purchase. Read what Dive Rite In is offering to do for skin upgrades.

Feel free to take a look at my cute figure at the M&G :wink: :shocked2: :D By the end of the day I should have a better idea of how I like it. I choose it after reading some respected people on this boards reviews.

Fusion Bullet

Fusion Bullet Pricing
Hi Peter, Great info. Yes, I will get the Dry Suit cert before I rent. I think I will take the class some time in Jan. We can talk more on Sat. Glad to hear you are happy so far. The pockets are an issue, but it sounds like the new skins should be better. I have read alot of the postings on SB and people seem to rave about the suit. See you Sat.

Hi Eric, I was in Aquatic Discovery yesterday talking to Julian. I will probably go through their Dry Suit Class early next year and buy the Fusion. From the research I have done, the Fusion looks like the most comfortable suit available and the cost is much less than the DUI suits I have looked at. Once I take the class I will rent a few different suits and see what works for me. Being warm in Monterey; priceless!!

Hi Alan,

I can tell you this about Aquatic Discovery, they are great set of people working that shop. Very friendly and great prices on the rental gear and airfills.

Eric is right the price is $35 dollars to rent the Fusion for one day.

They also own and will be operating the Silver Prince boat that they got from MBDC. I can't hardly wait to dive that boat.

MG

Last edited:
Mike, I was impressed with the knowledge at Aquatic. I will definitely go through them for my dry suit cert and purchase. When will they be running the boat? Could there a boat dive for spring M&G?

Mike, I was impressed with the knowledge at Aquatic. I will definitely go through them for my dry suit cert and purchase. When will they be running the boat? Could there a boat dive for spring M&G?

We did a boat dive on the summer M&G. I don't know if Aquatic will be running the same restriction but when MBDC ran the Silver Prince they had a cap of 14 divers. I'm hoping the Aquatic will have a similar price to charter the boat as that'd be a nice cheap boat to charter a group of 10 or so on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom