2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Friday - Elliptical (33 minutes). 424 calories and 2.53 miles.
Saturday - Diving! 2 dives, 54 degree water. TBT about 1 hour and 20 minutes.

Spent all of Saturday doing house cleaning and re-organization for guests, then a very late night... early AM... sunday. So a bit foggy without any motivation, decided to do a leisurely 2K Row.

Workout: 2K row
Time: 9:49

I started out easy and then got more into it after 1000 meters. What is amusing is that my previous PR was 10:00, and I beat it by 11 seconds
lol.gif

That's great wb416! I am just home from the gym.

Sunday 6/7 - Elliptical (35 minutes), 2.74 miles and 456 calories. ARH 142.

Looks like you guys are sticking to your fitness routine. . . nice to see it.

Here's my update -

6/2 Free weights 60-minutes followed by elliptical 30 minutes.
6/3 Treadmill at home 30 minutes.
6/4 Free weights - supersets 60-minutes followed by elliptical 30 minutes.
6/5 Free weights, machines and cables - supersets 60-minutes followed by ellipitcal 30 minutes.
6/6 - recovery day.
6/7 - today - treadmill at home and Sunday beach walk.

Legs sore this week - got a little carried away with 20-reps on everything - felt good though.

ScubaFit - gma

Monday 6/8 AM - Elliptical (30 minutes), 2.34 miles and approximately 365 calories. 142 AHR.
Monday 6/8 PM - Wii Fit AE Sports Active (45 minutes), approximately 300 calories. Jumps and lunges along with tons of upper body resistance training.... ugh. Kickbacks, shoulder raises, bicep curls galore. Time for bed. Cardio in the manana!

I need to follow ScubaFit's example and make sure that I am doing wt training more regularly. I am keen on cardio, but .... I think I might head down to the gym after work to get that done.

Last edited:
Monday:
I’m stuck in a hotel all week, so I’m working with what I have available or what I brought with me.
Warmup: Elliptical
Workout: Turkish Getups with light kettlebell (10#) (This did a great job of loosening up my tight shoulder!)
Skills: Overhead Squats with PVC

Tuesday:
4# Ball Throws to ceiling laying on back
35# KB Swings
35# KB Push Jerks
Skills: PVC stretches and OHS

Monday 6/8 AM - Elliptical (30 minutes), 2.34 miles and approximately 365 calories. 142 AHR.
Monday 6/8 PM - Wii Fit AE Sports Active (45 minutes), approximately 300 calories. Jumps and lunges along with tons of upper body resistance training.... ugh. Kickbacks, shoulder raises, bicep curls galore. Time for bed. Cardio in the manana!

I need to follow ScubaFit's example and make sure that I am doing wt training more regularly. I am keen on cardio, but .... I think I might head down to the gym after work to get that done.

You can get some great "cardio" (or metabolic conditioning) from various weightlifting, kettlebells, or other non-traditional "cardio" without even running, etc. Great way to expand your aerobic and anaerobic capabilities too!

You can get some great "cardio" (or metabolic conditioning) from various weightlifting, kettlebells, or other non-traditional "cardio" without even running, etc. Great way to expand your aerobic and anaerobic capabilities too!

I am realizing that more and more as I try to get into it. Needless to say I recognize the potential and the need. Now the actions need to mirror that.

Workouts:

Tuesday 6/9 AM - none (slept in)
Tuesday 6/9 PM - Wii Fit Active Sports - 30 minutes, approx. 245 calories. Front and side lunges, jump lunges, shoulder presses, kickbacks, squats and killer squat holds for 60 seconds. My legs were burrrrrning!
Wednesday 6/10 AM - Elliptical (35 minutes), 3 miles, just over 400 calories. Tonight I rest.

This week is Kettlebell week for me since it's what I primarily brought with me to the hotel.

Kettlebell Sumo Deadlift High Pulls tonight…. also attempted a couple light KB snatches, but it didn’t feel right. I wasn’t catching it correctly at the top…. watched some more videos and will attempt more… tomorrow perhaps.

KB SDLHP’s: 40 reps… 2 sets of 20 each…. good hip snap and great cardio!

Back
Top Bottom