2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last night the hubby and I went to meditation at the gym. It was very relaxing. This morning, I am feeling mildly under the weather and so I stayed away from the gym. I will do some resistance training.

Headed to the fitness room at home as soon as I finish this report.

Only hit the gym once on Tuesday, This is not good - had withdrawals and a dream about missing workout.

Did get in a nice back workout on Tuesday: Weights 45-minutes (very strong and the back is really showing nicely) and elliptical for 30-minutes.

Plan to do a four-day on and one-day recovery sequence for next month. Will keep you posted.

Did have a good thing happen for ScubaFit. Go to Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville Key West and scroll down to "Caribbean Light" cookbook. Third item down on home page - see the ScubaFit interview with their culinary columnist. You might enjoy the cookbook. The recipes are delicious and have healthy ingredient options.

I'll try to post every day this week.

ScubaFit - gma

I have gotten a cold so I am keeping the extra-stuff to a minimum. Argh, because I want to go workout. Think I will do something light this evening. See how I feel.

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
Am feeling a bit better today, so I went to the gym for a light, but long, cardio session.

Saturday 6/13 - Elliptical (31 minutes), just over 340 calories and approximately 2.20 miles. Followed up with the TREADMILL (30 minutes), just over 240 calories and 1.44 miles. Surprisingly, I feel better (less sick) having worked out.

Did a Warmup in the morning, then unloaded training equipment out of my vehicle.

Warmup:
2 Rounds
250m Rows, GHD Back Extensions, GHD Situps, Ring Rows, PVC Overhead Squats

Deadlifts 125 x 5

Afternoon Workout:
Tabata Intervals: 4 stations, 4 rounds each station (20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest) (60 seconds rest/transition between stations)

Rowing (Calories): 5, 6, 7, 7 (Total 25 calories)
GHD Back Ext: 14, 14, 14, 13 (Total 55 reps)
GHD Situps: 12, 11, 11, 10 (Total 42 reps)
Ring Rows*: 13, 11, 10, 10 (Total 44 reps)

*Bottom of rings at sternum, heels of feet directly below rings

About 11 minutes of fun!! Yee Haw!!
ItSeemdGood.gif

Ugh!
surrender.gif

No joke!

I am still under the weather but am working out still. Honestly, getting back into daily exercise I have gained the 'taste' for it - which I am deathly scared of loosing. So I am working out despite not feeling 100%.

Saturday 6/13 PM - Resistance training on the Wii Fit Active Sports program. As always, tons of lunges (side and reverse kick ups) as well as upper body. Wasn't as hard as I anticipated it being. Followed up with some Wii Fit Yoga, which I have been enjoying.

Sunday 6/14 AM - Elliptical (40 minutes), 3.1 miles. Approximately 500 calories. ARH 139 (which includes my heart rate walking home from the gym).

I am still under the weather but am working out still. Honestly, getting back into daily exercise I have gained the 'taste' for it - which I am deathly scared of loosing. So I am working out despite not feeling 100%. .

It’s nice to keep the momentum going!!

Today I did some warmup on the rower:
250m 1:30
250m 0:55

Stretched and then went cycling for 20 miles. No timer… no pressure… just a relaxing ride with 20 miles of seat time!

ItÃÔ nice to keep the momentum going!!

I am not sure that it is good to keep the momentum going, but I am really just too worried about losing the umpf, so I keep going. :dork2:

I No timer no pressure just a relaxing ride with 20 miles of seat time!
Lovely! Do you live in the Miami area? I am thrown by the trail name... Now, Penny's got some great legs. Something for me to aim for!

As for my workout today....

Monday, 6/15 AM - Elliptical (31 minutes) - 2.32 miles and just over 370 calories. ARH 137. Feel pretty craptastic for the 1st 10 minutes as this cold is kicking my backside this morning - but managed to hang in there and finish better than I would have thought.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom