2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh boy, I could almost barely fit into my drysuit. Not a good thing! Anyways, went back to exercising on my machine and did some muscle stretching. More on Wednesday, gonna go paint my room tomorrow though and hope my tech dive book and my new canister light lens comes home.

Glad to have you posting Roy. Welcome back!

Tuesday 6/16 AM - Elliptical (31 minutes), 2.36 miles, approx. 375 calories. ARH 142. Feeling really tired today.

HavenÃÕ done any heavy lifting in a while, so I warmed on the rower, GHD, and such, then decided to add some plates to the barbell.

Workout:
Deadlift (as heavy warmup)
125 x 5
215 x 5

Front Squat
IÃ×e not done much/any significant heavy Front Squats, so everything was essentially a personal record (PR)

145Ž×3, 165, 185, 215PR

I still lean a bit to far forward and that puts some pressure on my hands/wrist, even though it shouldnÃÕ, so I stopped at 215

Back Squat (Previous PR 270)

215, 235, 255, 270, 275PR

DidnÃÕ have much gas in the tank tonight, so was just happy to be able to push some weight around and even get a PR or two.

Tuesday 6/16 PM - Wii Fit AE Active Sports - much upper body and many side and reverse lunges with kick up. Fun times. Program reported 235 calories after 34 minutes.

It's such a good feeling, isn't it?! Glad you are back!

How long do you do it for @ a time?
Start with one-minute, then three-minute, then five-minute intervals. Work up to being able to jump for 10-minutes without stopping. My current intervals are five minutes. Jump rope on and off so if don't do it for awhile, it takes a few times to get back up to 10-minutes.

Sometimes a good way to start is count the number of jumps and work up in increments to time.

Last edited:
Glad to see some have kept the thread, and their fitness improvements, going. I was beached for a bit for some maintenance and installation of some improved optical sensors. Now back at it.

Yesterday Spin Class in the House of Hurt. Today 28 miles on the road bike. Rolling terrain with some short (mile or so) hills.

OKay, did another exercise on the machine and did 45 minutes! 15 minutes more then Monday. Also, does anybody know the true effect of exercising the night before the dive? Is it bad? I keep hearing conflicting stories about it.

Back
Top Bottom