7 day x 30min Cardio Challenge!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the transition from Alaska to Hawaii pose any health problems... in the sense that drinking hot coffee followed by ice water puts stress on the stomach (I don't know if that's actually true- just using the scenario for demonstrative purposes)? I mean, will you survive? Lol.

Survive? Which way? You are right on with your lol. Certainly, provided I "hydrate" properly, lying on the beach watching the scenery won't cause a survival issue.:D Coming back, however, is another matter indeed.:depressed:

The biggest problem is that we are so pale people confuse us with escaped prisoners :)

I intend to be sure I get plenty of exercise. I'll dive about half the days I'm there. My wife and I will snorkel or swim just about every day. No cycling though; there just isn't a safe way to do any serious cycling on Oahu; roads are too narrow and way too much congestion.

By the way; I just experienced the first downside to regaining my old body. I had some chores to do outside. It is now -36F here with a light breeze. It HURTS!. Pain from the cold on exposed skin is pretty normal at these temperatures. But, apparently losing that layer of fat has changed it from uncomfortable to downright painful. But, I'll cope somehow.

Trucker Girl:

Your PG friend was back in spin class today. She looks GREAT! She is due in about 3 weeks and says all is going well. I told her about you and she said whe empathizes with difficulty in getting exercise, especially since her husband is deployed to Iraq right now. Message: It is tough, but worth it!

Right now it is -45F and headed down. It could be and probably will be in the -50F to -60F by the weekend. But, who knows? They come, stay awhile and go. We get these cold snaps about every winter but one never really gets used to them.

Oh yes, our instructor announced today that to celebrate the New Year she is putting on a Two Hour Spin Class on Saturday. She says we don't have to stay for both hours. But the way she said it made clear that anyone who came and didn't do the whole thing was a wuss.

I didn't exercise today but every other day since my last post I've done my 30 minute cardio routine. It's a lot less of a work out than my regular (non-pregnancy) dvds but it's about all I can handle right now.

Thanks for the message (from the gal in your spin class). I need all the motivation I can get!

Okay. I am back onboard..... Hopefully others will be back too....?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom