New Watch Style Advanced Dive Computer from Scubapro for 2023! GALILEO 3 (G3)!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I understand that very well, I want his view why, reasons, it doesn't compare well against these leading current computers. What is missing or what is wrong with it. I really would like to hear his thoughts with specific reasons.
I know this isn’t directed to me, but I have some thoughts on it.

I’m really not sure what this is aiming to compete with. Based on the price, its nearest competitors would probably be the Teric and MK2i. It’s in between those in price.

Blocking the bottom portion of the screen is silly. Just costs space to display a logo. Then a rotating bezel is added. I can understand a rotating bezel on an analog dive watch, but not on an actual dive computer. A slimmer bezel would have potentially allowed for more display room. Display also seems rather unimpressive, but that could just be what I’ve seen.

Apparent 30 hour max battery life is silly. Even a Teric with a bad battery will last longer, and the Garmin will last much longer.

Activity tracking seems quite limited. I saw it has a swim stroke counter, but that’s it. Garmin has so much more, plus smart connectivity.

GPS? Didn’t see it listed.

Granted, I agree that the Teric also doesn’t have many of the features above, but it’s also not a brand new model. I really don’t know what they were shooting for with this.

How so please? Any contemporary computer would. I am not following what you are getting a there.
It looks very similar to my suunto d9 from 2005, apart from being colored.

no smartwatch, no activities, ugly as hell, at least for me looks outdated.

the price is amazing :wink:

sorry for not replying sooner but I do not have notifications.

It looks very similar to my suunto d9 from 2005, apart from being colored.

I own a D9, nothing even remotely like the G3.

no smartwatch
Get an Apple if that's what you want. This is a dive computer watch. It has everything a diver would need plus a wrist watch for everyday use. I don't believe that the idea was to be an Apple that dives here.

for me looks outdated
It looks at the same level as the others on the market, Terric and iDive.

I own a D9, nothing even remotely like the G3.

Get an Apple if that's what you want. This is a dive computer watch. It has everything a diver would need plus a wrist watch for everyday use. I don't believe that the idea was to be an Apple that dives here.

It looks at the same level as the others on the market, Terric and iDive.
it seems you are the developer of this watch...

That's the point. in your point of view you need one dive watch to dive, one smartwatch, another tracking device for other sports, a wallet, I want it all.

it is a crime to think that the competition is years ahead of this computer? yes, I use a smartwatch, not an Apple, but a Garmin Descent Mk2 and it is decades ahead of this and cheaper. Apart from being a watch and smartwatch, it is a sport computer with GPS, navigation, garmin pay, incredible battery life, etc. And the mk3 is around the corner.

That's the point. in your point of view you need one dive watch to dive, one smartwatch, another tracking device for other sports, a wallet, I want it all.

it is a crime to think that the competition is years ahead of this computer? yes, I use a smartwatch, not an Apple, but a Garmin Descent Mk2 and it is decades ahead of this and cheaper. Apart from being a watch and smartwatch, it is a sport computer with GPS, navigation, garmin pay, etc. And the mk3 is around the corner.
We all get to make our own choices. For me I don’t want my dive computer getting banged around in day to day activities, it’s function as a dive computer is to important to me to risk it. The Garmin seems to be working out for many, I haven’t tried one but even if I did I don’t know if I would risk damage splitting fire wood while wearing it, it took a while for my Apple Watch to stop trying to call 911 while doing that.

I bought the mk2 in the day it came out and I love it. I do have other watches but I can't use them anymore. I wear a suit almost everyday and bought a nice bracelet to make it a bit more formal. I do not know if I am going to be able to resist to mk3 in a few weeks.

additional disclaimer: I am a big fan of the Scubapro brand, owning several equipment like regulator, mask, rashguards, etc.

And you seem to be the owner of the Garmin company. You are looking for a show off toy not a dive computer. I don't want to wear my dive computer watch everyday in every activity, just water related activities, diving, and when traveling on dive trips.

And you seem to be the owner of the Garmin company. You are looking for a show off toy not a dive computer. I don't want to wear my dive computer watch everyday in every activity, just water related activities, diving, and when traveling on dive trips.

I wish :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom