G2 Algorithm Query vs G2 Tek or Perdix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great point. I certainly don’t have the knowledge to play around with GF settings. I have emailed Scubapro for advice and information. Fingers crossed

You only have to set the GF' once. Once you get the equivalent table for the G2, you can set the G2T the same depending on the conservatism you want, no issues.

If you can wait a little longer, Scubapro is coming out with two new computers later this summer that maybe more appropriate for you:

@tursiops posted this in another thread: https://www.divetable.info/skripte/G2_GF.pdf
Slide 3 gives some answers...
Ratio has the GF equivalents of the conservatism levels in its manual:
1675430119520.png

Hi @GTek

What microbubble (MB) level are you currently using on the G2?

From the information @tursiops supplied, It looks like the GF high for L0 is somewhere around 85-90. Any of the computers running ZH-L16C with GF mentioned in this thread will cover that and higher.

Hi @GTek

What microbubble (MB) level are you currently using on the G2?

From the information @tursiops supplied, It looks like the GF high for L0 is somewhere around 85-90. Any of the computers running ZH-L16C with GF mentioned in this thread will cover that and higher.
Hey scubadada

I know this may sound bad, but I have been borrowing my instructor’s own G2 (he is away on holidays hence my enquiry here), so the MB setting I dived with I am unsure of. I could assume it may be L0 BUT this is something that I would discuss when setting my own up. Note all dives have been guided with others and all well within NDL.

I really appreciate the information and there is a lot to digest from divetables site.

Maybe I’m just overthinking the G2 Tek with ZH-L16 GF - it just this is the only G2 currently available. I’m sure for my simple recreational NDL diving it will be more than I could ever want. Iwill probably will never notice any difference or issues. I’m thinking I will purchase G2 Tek even through I’m used to diving with G2 with ZH-L16 ADT MB PMG.

About six years ago the SP shop guy that also had a dive boat and a lot of staff, filled his staffs and
customers wrists with these G2s, and as more and more customers started turning up with Perdixes
his sales of the scubapro family computer as I call it began to dwindle to nothing so he got Perdixes

and those that still had money left for Perdixes started buying his Perdixes, and then what happened
most of the G2 s ended up in the undies drawer as a reminder because you open your undies drawer
a lot, hopefully

About six years ago the SP shop guy that also had a dive boat and a lot of staff, filled his staffs and
customers wrists with these G2s, and as more and more customers started turning up with Perdixes
his sales of the scubapro family computer as I call it began to dwindle to nothing so he got Perdixes

and those that still had money left for Perdixes started buying his Perdixes, and then what happened
most of the G2 s ended up in the undies drawer as a reminder because you open your undies drawer
a lot, hopefully
if I didn’t know any better, I would think you are suggesting I ditch the G2 for Perdix? 😂

What I'm saying as many mothers the world over, is make sure you leave the house wearing clean underpants
or get up to Go Dive Brisbane find ex staff staff, customers, and maybe you can get a great deal on those G2s

What I'm saying as many mothers the world over, is make sure you leave the house wearing clean underpants
or get up to Go Dive Brisbane find ex staff staff, customers, and maybe you can get a great deal on those G2s
I always told people that you are an undercover genius :p

Back
Top Bottom