Scubapro Announces UNPRECEDENTED AGGRESSIVE MSRP Reductions for its Dive Computer Line!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Computers have always been the chink in Scubapro’s armor. Whenever we had to sell a computer to complete the Scubapro PFL program, customers would look at the SP computer lineup with revulsion. We had Shearwater, Garmin and even the pretty looking SUUNTOs but they had to buy the equivalent of a Lada car in order to get the PFL deal. Most took the cheapest one and resold it on eBay the next day.
At the same time they have been at the front of the idea, the bend-o-matic of the 70’s/80’s the new comers to the idea had those failures to learn from. I haven’t used a Garmin but they are new to the field as far as diving goes, shearwater has mastered the art of easy to use hi quality dive computers and continue to lead the pack in evolutionary development. In general I would always recommend SW for anyone just looking for a dive computer but my point of trying the G3 is more along the line of “so you ended up with an SP, all is not lost as they are good computers too.

The HUD is what made me go here and the G is a back up for that experiment.

My hope is that SW will come up with a stick on HUD display that can be added to any mask, logistics aside it’s the next step :wink:

Computers have always been the chink in Scubapro’s armor. Whenever we had to sell a computer to complete the Scubapro PFL program, customers would look at the SP computer lineup with revulsion. We had Shearwater, Garmin and even the pretty looking SUUNTOs but they had to buy the equivalent of a Lada car in order to get the PFL deal. Most took the cheapest one and resold it on eBay the next day.

May have been true in the past, but SP is making changes in the right direction since last year. You should expect more exciting things to come soon.

All the above is true - but the esthetics of the SP range are awful. Even the new G3 doesn't cut it compared to Ratio, Shearwater or the rest of the other sexy computer line-ups. If you want to attract younger divers, building old stodgy models that look like they were designed in the 70s just doesn't work.

All the above is true - but the esthetics of the SP range are awful. Even the new G3 doesn't cut it compared to Ratio, Shearwater or the rest of the other sexy computer line-ups. If you want to attract younger divers, building old stodgy models that look like they were designed in the 70s just doesn't work.
Watch type computers all look the same, bluer any branding and it’s pretty hard to tell the newest from the D4 from 20 years ago. Wrist bricks don’t really offer real aesthetic difference either.

I was on a boat recently and there was a diver using a Galileo Luna. I have seen them on display but never seen one on a diver's wrist before. It was huge and it looked a little ridiculous, to be honest. Kinda like the old guy who carries a tablet-sized phone on their belt holster.

next version:

1716645758155.png

I was on a boat recently and there was a diver using a Galileo Luna. I have seen them on display but never seen one on a diver's wrist before. It was huge and it looked a little ridiculous, to be honest. Kinda like the old guy who carries a tablet-sized phone on their belt holster.
The older Luna/Sol were big compared to the newest, they have been phased out several years ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom