G2 Algorithm Query vs G2 Tek or Perdix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GTek

Registered
Reaction score
Hoping for some advice. I am an advanced open water recreational diver only, but please excuse my lack of deco theory knowledge. I have been borrowing a G2 and comfortable diving with it (need large screen to see), and works perfectly for me. This uses the ZH-L16 ADT MB PMG algorithm. Unfortunately at the moment I can only purchase a G2 Tek (way too advanced for my needs) which has gradient factor modified algorithm ZH-L16 GF. My queries are:

1 - would GF on G2 Tek affect my usual NDL compared to the G2? Would I notice any difference with GF or could the GF potentially make me do deep stops under certain circumstances where the G2 wouldn’t? Have been trying to research to understand.

2- I was also looking at Shearwater Perdix (AI). Is this the same algorithm GF as the G2 Tek or is there difference?

Appreciate any guidance here. Thanks.

Also consider Ratio iX3M2 Pro. Large color screen, Bühlmann algorithm wit 6 pre-set levels to choose from. A simple software update of € 150 if you want more advanced functions some day.

1 - would GF on G2 Tek affect my usual NDL compared to the G2? Would I notice any difference with GF or could the GF potentially make me do deep stops under certain circumstances where the G2 wouldn’t? Have been trying to research to understand.

One can change the GF on the G2T to almost anything they want and so they can almost match the presets on the G2 or make it more liberal or conservative. In other words, the G2T is more customizable then the G2. You can certainly make the G2T do deep deco stops by adjusting the GFLo but you don't have to.

2- I was also looking at Shearwater Perdix (AI). Is this the same algorithm GF as the G2 Tek or is there difference?

They both base their working on the same Bühlmann zhl-16 decompression algorithm. If you adjust the GF on both computers to be the same, they will probably match closely (assuming they are both set to the same gas mixes).

Also consider Ratio iX3M2 Pro. Large color screen, Bühlmann algorithm wit 6 pre-set levels to choose from. A simple software update of € 150 if you want more advanced functions some day.

Check:

One can change the GF on the G2T to almost anything they want and so they can almost match the presets on the G2
That implies that you know what the GF settings in the pre-set levels of the G2 are. That info isn't in the manual (I checked because I was curious). So it would largely be a trial-and-error process to find out.

That implies that you know what the GF settings in the pre-set levels of the G2 are. That info isn't in the manual (I checked because I was curious). So it would largely be a trial-and-error process to find out.

I saw a table showing the GF's for the presets for the G2 somewhere but I can remember where. It is on SB somewhere. I believe that @tursiops put it up not too long ago.

One can change the GF on the G2T to almost anything they want and so they can almost match the presets on the G2 or make it more liberal or conservative. In other words, the G2T is more customizable then the G2. You can certainly make the G2T do deep deco stops by adjusting the GFLo but you don't have to.
hey mate. Thanks for that info. Certainly sounds promising. Will make enquires with Scubapro

Great point. I certainly don’t have the knowledge to play around with GF settings. I have emailed Scubapro for advice and information. Fingers crossed

I saw a table showing the GF's for the presets for the G2 somewhere but I can remember where. It is on SB somewhere. I believe that @scubadada put it up not too long ago.
Sounds exactly what I’m after. Hopefully I can find it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom