Info Scubapro Announces the availability of SP's newest high end technical dive computer with full GF support, G2 Tek, in the EMEA market

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From my copy of the Perdix manual.
View attachment 747280
So, 150m for the Perdix, which was the question I answered. The Perdix 2 is deeper.
The most recent Perdix manual has been changed to match the Perdix 2 depth specs. The image above is from the original Perdix manual. i don't know if the Perdix has changed, or just the manual has changed. I'm happy with 150m.
That’s depth rating of the transmitter. Has nothing to do with the computer itself.

3B7BF18A-2C27-4172-9B4B-AF771733F278.jpeg

The Shearwater stops showing RBT once you enter deco mode. I suspect the Scubapro continues to calculate the RBT in deco.
RBT?

It does show the Time To Surface (TTS) -- is that what you mean?

RBT?

It does show the Time To Surface (TTS) -- is that what you mean?

RBT = Remaining Bottom Time or remaining AIR time (I think)

RBT = Remaining Bottom Time or remaining AIR time (I think)
So a combination of NDL+TTS possibly augmented with AI (air integration) estimated gas remaining?

So a combination of NDL+TTS possibly augmented with AI (air integration) estimated gas remaining?

Not sure that I understand you but NDL/TTS is separate from RBT. RBT is how much time you have left based on air consumption to get up to the surface while still have the reserve pressure in your tank (as you have set it before the dive). Some dive computers take into consideration all of the air you need for your safety/deco stops and some don't. My Ratio and SP dive computers show NDL/TTS and RBT as separate data.

Oceanic calls it air time remaining, ATR, it includes your safety stop or deco stop(s). Shearwater calls it gas time remaining, GTR, it does not include a safety stop and is disabled when you go into deco.

I know that @Hatul knows exactly how Scubapro works

I apologize to all. My quoting 150m for a Perdix depth rating was an error. @Rayk is correct; that is the rating for the transmitter. The Perdix itself WILL go much deeper (260m) before crushing...although beyond 150m I presume you will no longer have AI....

Oceanic calls it air time remaining, ATR, it includes your safety stop or deco stop(s). Shearwater calls it gas time remaining, GTR, it does not include a safety stop and is disabled when you go into deco.
Some (not sure if all) air integrated Oceanics also have DTR (Dive Time Remaining). That sounds close to what @Wibble was describing. It looks at both NDL and ATR and displays whichever is shorter. I'm pretty sure my ProPlus 2 displayed DTR, and I'm positive my VT4.1 displayed it that way.

I can't say it's a must have feature. I could see how some would prefer it, but can also see how others wouldn't like DTR, as it might not be immediately apparent if it's gas supply or nitrogen loading that's controlling at that moment. With my Perdix, it's easy to tell. NDL is displayed in one spot, GTR in another. It's easy enough to see what you need at a glance.

It looks at both NDL and ATR and displays whichever is shorter.

So only one of them is displayed, the smaller number, not both?

If that's the case, that's annoying. Imagine that one is only 1 min more than the other, I'd want to know that and not let the DC make the decision for me.

Back
Top Bottom