Info Scubapro Announces the availability of SP's newest high end technical dive computer with full GF support, G2 Tek, in the EMEA market

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some (not sure if all) air integrated Oceanics also have DTR (Dive Time Remaining). That sounds close to what @Wibble was describing. It looks at both NDL and ATR and displays whichever is shorter. I'm pretty sure my ProPlus 2 displayed DTR, and I'm positive my VT4.1 displayed it that way.

I can't say it's a must have feature. I could see how some would prefer it, but can also see how others wouldn't like DTR, as it might not be immediately apparent if it's gas supply or nitrogen loading that's controlling at that moment. With my Perdix, it's easy to tell. NDL is displayed in one spot, GTR in another. It's easy enough to see what you need at a glance.
<old fart mode = on>

When I was diving a twinset I would always know my minimum gas to leave the bottom and regularly confirm the remaining gas matched what I thought it was. I'd work out min gas before jumping in and take into account one failure of a deco stage (generally dived with two stages).

The computer told me the deco obligation (TTS, stop and stop time). Keep an eye on those to work out the dive time and get a feeling as to how much the TTS is increasing.

Not sure that the computer doing the full calculation will dumb down the fleshy thing who's wrist it's attached.

</old fart mode>

Computers are tools for the job. Being able to rely on the things when the dive is getting stressy is the most important thing. Hopefully the G2 will be easy to use and have few silly features.

Too many horrid memories of trying to use that awful Suunto D9tx. Great for NDL dives, most definitely not an asset on a longish deco dive and trying to remember the button press spells.

So only one of them is displayed, the smaller number, not both?

If that's the case, that's annoying. Imagine that one is only 1 min more than the other, I'd want to know that and not let the DC make the decision for me.
The other value is available with a single button push. You also have the NDL graphic bar.

So only one of them is displayed, the smaller number, not both?

If that's the case, that's annoying. Imagine that one is only 1 min more than the other, I'd want to know that and not let the DC make the decision for me.
Yes, but as @scubadada said, it’s not hard to find out the full picture. If NDL is controlling, it’s easy to tell by seeing the N2 graph, plus, PSI is always displayed.

At first, I was a bit annoyed that the Perdix didn’t do that as well, but with the excellent layout, I soon realized I didn’t miss DTR at all.

It’s not a bad feature, just not one that I prefer now that I’ve tried both.

I wonder if they smoothed out the compass rotation. My only main minor fault with the prior one. Hoping for a firmware update but we will see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom