Info Scubapro Announces the availability of SP's newest high end technical dive computer with full GF support, G2 Tek, in the EMEA market

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoltSnap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Scubapro Announces the availability of SP's newest high end technical dive computer with full GF support, G2 Tek Wrist Dive Computer, in the EMEA market:

Overview:
Designed for technical divers, the new G2 Tek dive computer offers all of the great features you love from the G2 Dive Computer with a Gradient Factor algorithm (ZH-L16 GF) instead of the Personalized Predictive Multi-Gas Bühlmann algorithm (ZH-L16 ADT MB PMG). It’s easy to read with a choice of four colorful screens and customization options that quickly draws your attention to what you need to know. It’s easy to use – the G2 Tek offers the same three-button control, intuitive menu structure and diver-friendly functions that earned the Galileo its reputation as the hands-down easiest dive computer to use.

1664893001980.png

Features:
  • Pure Gradient Factor algorithm (ZH-L 16 GF)
  • Bungee straps are included for easier mounting
  • Full-Color TFT (Thin-Film Transistor) 2.2in/5.6cm LCD display screen (320x240p) produces vibrant colors for maximum readability to quickly direct your attention to what you need to know. (TFT screens use less energy. More efficient than other screen types to help extend battery life.)
  • Choice of screen display configurations lets you customize your data presentation with Light, Classic, Full or Graphical screen options to suit your individual diving style.
  • Full tilt digital compass, the best available, includes half-compass rose and bearing memory.
  • Multiple dive modes. Scuba, Freediving, Gauge, CCR and Sidemount for total in-water versatility. (Freediving, Trimix, CCR and Sidemount modes are disabled from the factory. Activation is easy -- no downloading or upgrading is required.)
  • Maximum operating depth is 394 ft/120 m for reliable data computing regardless of diving situation.
  • Rechargeable battery provides up to 50 hours of dive time per charge. Battery must be changed by the dealer.
  • Huge 485MB memory stores pictures, tables, tissue loading status, and 1,000 hours of dive profiles.
  • USB cable or Bluetooth Low Energy interface easily downloads dive data to your phone or handheld device. Download dive data to a PC/Mac using LogTRAK software.
  • Optional hoseless air integration monitors tank pressure plus provides true remaining bottom time (RBT). Provides support for up to 11 transmitters when all features are activated.

1664893069834.png

Specs:
  • Number of Gases 8
  • Gas Capability 21-100% Nitrox, Trimix
  • Algorithm ZH-L16 GF
  • Operating Modes Scuba, Gauge, Freediving, CCR
  • Display Type Color
  • Max Operating Depth 120m
  • Memory Capacity 485MB
  • Depth Rating 120m
  • Battery Replacement Type Rechargeable
  • Estimated Battery Life Up to 50 Hours Per Charge
  • Number of Control Buttons 3
  • XL Dot Matrix Display No
  • Connectivity BlueTooth, USB
  • Built-In Compass Yes

Product Manual

How is it better than the perdix ?
I haven't used either (I use a regular G2), but it looks like they are pretty comparable. The G2 Tek can pair with 8 transmitters instead of 4 for the Perdix 2, but the Perdix has a user-replaceable battery and is rated for significantly deeper.

I mean, obviously Shearwater is one of the absolute best companies in, like, forever, but I don't see an actual functionality reason that the G2 Tek wouldn't do an acceptable job for technical diving down to its 120 meter depth rating. I don't even see anything in the manual about locking out if a stop is missed, though it does go into alarm. Does anyone see a necessary tech feature that the Perdix 2 has that the G2 Tek does not?

The only real advantage I see for the G2 Tek is that used units will probably be available for cheaper than used Perdixes. I regularly find G2 computers with transmitters for $500-600.

the Perdix has a user-replaceable battery and is rated for significantly deeper.

How deep can the Perdix go and still operate as a dive computer?

I guess I missed that the depth sensor is calibrated down to 130 meters, so having a depth "rating" of twice that seems odd to advertise.​

I guess I missed that the depth sensor is calibrated down to 130 meters, so having a depth "rating" of twice that seems odd to advertise.​
Which computer are you talking about, the SP, the SW, or the Ratio?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom