G2 Algorithm Query vs G2 Tek or Perdix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe I’m just overthinking the G2 Tek with ZH-L16 GF - it just this is the only G2 currently available. I’m sure for my simple recreational NDL diving it will be more than I could ever want. Iwill probably will never notice any difference or issues. I’m thinking I will purchase G2 Tek even through I’m used to diving with G2 with ZH-L16 ADT MB PMG.
I'm not 100% certain on the implementation within the G2 Tek, but I'm pretty sure it will be more than sufficient for recreational diving. I have a Shearwater Perdix and Garmin MK2s. Both have ZHL 16 with GFs. They both came with 3 presets as well as the ability to set custom GFs as well.

My diving is within recreational parameters at this point, and they both suit me fine. If my diving gets into more of a technical realm, then they'll work as well.

It seems more and more computers are now being offered with ZHL 16 with GFs. Some will just have presets, some have custom as well, but that just goes to show how much it's being accepted for all types of diving. From a technical focus like Shearwater Petrels to purely recreational like the Apple Watch Ultra.

If you want this particular computer and are only concerned about whether the algorithm is suitable, don't worry. It will be fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom