Kubi or Rolock dry gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't personally tried the fourth element ones. I have helped a few guys don them on the boat, they seem hard to seat.

It is just a generally poor design....the sealing o-ring has a tendency to push out of its groove when pressing the two halves together. To address this issue, Fourth Element made a running change to the rings where the groove jumped from approx 5.5mm wide to 6.xmm wide....this was supposed to allow the o-ring to move (roll?) in its groove instead of being pushed out. While the change was somewhat effective, it did not completely eliminate the problem nor did it make the two halves of the system much easier to align and press together.

-Z

The Ultima on the other hand takes a buddy or a third hand if you want to keep your sanity.
To change out a glove or pull apart?

I love how we can all argue about the same 3 sets of gloves over and over🤣🤣🤣. The truth is 99% of people are happy with any of the 3. Pros and cons to each, but in the end most are happy.

Rolock 90's
Kubi
Waterproof Ultimas

Maybe a mention of the Santi Smart Glove system?

A bit like the Rolock but the core ring is slightly flexible.

Pros:
They're very easy to don and doff -- without dribbling on them!
They don't leak.
They don't break as the plastic is soft(er).
Installing/replacing gloves is really easy including thick ones like the textured Kubis.
Can use Smurf gloves
Glove-side kit prices are not too bad.

Cons:
They're rather wide so can limit your hand movement at the extreme bendy end (e.g. bending your wrist completely at right angles to your arm).
One size only

Pros:
They don't leak.
Installing/replacing gloves is really easy including thick ones like the textured Kubis.
Can use Smurf gloves

Cons:
They're rather wide so can limit your hand movement at the extreme bendy end (e.g. bending your wrist completely at right angles to your arm).
One size only
Are those available outside of buying a Santi suit?

I lost track, but I know a few of the glove systems on the market will only sell to you if you also buy there suit. Can't remember if Santi is one of them or not.

Of systems OP mentioned, only Rolock allows you to switch out if not happy. Kubi, Santi will lock you in unless you do suit modifications.

Kubi has 2 flavors of suit install. One is removable (it attaches to the latex seals) the other is glue on.

Kubi has 2 flavors of suit install. One is removable (it attaches to the latex seals) the other is glue on.

The Kubis work on silicone seals, too. I’ve used them for two years without issue (DUI ZipSeals)

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all those information.

I’m decided by the RoLock system to be install on the SiTech QCS Oval.

Main resons are :
- You are not lock to one solution only on the glove side.
- You can remove the system to go back to SiTech QCS Oval wrist seal when used with wetgloves for the season which do not requires dry gloves.

Once more really thanks for all your feedbacks.

The Kubis work on silicone seals, too. I’ve used them for two years without issue (DUI ZipSeals)
I’m not fond adaptor to glued seals, in general but it is a viable solution for getting into dry gloves before making a commitment. @rsingler

Pros:
They don't leak.
Can use Smurf gloves

Cons:
One size only
I like those a lot. They are a really slick system.
Downside is they won't sell it. You can only get it on a santi suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom