Kubi or Rolock dry gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With DUI zips don't you just leave them attached to the suit? My buddy had those before he had his Santi.. they were nice but looked like a pain gearing up.. idk.
It isn't bad, different at first, but you get used to it quickly. I don't put anything on that I can't remove while underwater anyway.

The two biggest issues with DUI ZipGloves are the exorbitant replacement cost and unless you have a backup set or glued your own, your diving day is over if you cut a glove. Ring systems allow you to quickly change gloves in the field with gloves that cost a few dollars.

It isn't bad, different at first, but you get used to it quickly. I don't put anything on that I can't remove while underwater anyway.
I have heard you say that before... it makes sense, but to me there are things I have to do in the water and things that I like to tinker with above water (say during the SI with the suit still on). I like being able to simply pop my gloves off and go to town without having to fiddle with things through gloves. Tying a knot, untangling a reel, etc.

With that said I've never had zip seals, so it's not really experience, it's just what I think would be a pain. I'll never know as I'll probably never own a DUI.

I'm just deciding what gloves to get on a seaskin suit like the OP and was wondering if you have a kubi system, what do you do if you're diving with no gloves/wet gloves? Can you just not lock on the gloves or do you need to remove o rings on the suit side etc?

I'm just deciding what gloves to get on a seaskin suit like the OP and was wondering if you have a kubi system, what do you do if you're diving with no gloves/wet gloves? Can you just not lock on the gloves or do you need to remove o rings on the suit side etc?
Kubis come with a wrist seal, so just use them without gloves -- or even wet gloves if it's a warmish location

Kubis come with a wrist seal, so just use them without gloves -- or even wet gloves if it's a warmish location

OK so just to confirm, you don't need to do anything if diving without gloves?

OK so just to confirm, you don't need to do anything if diving without gloves?
No, there are seals under the gloves.

You have 4 parts (5 including the glove). Suit, seal, suit ring that holds the seal in place. You can dive with just this. If you want to, you can add the glove ring (it snaps into the suit ring) and the glove attaches to this ring.

Make sense?

Yep makes perfect sense, thanks.
Here's a pretty good image of the Ultimas; Same concept as Kubi

1673441816126.png

You should get a spare pair of the wrist seals to keep with you as you will eventually tear them. It's a simple 5 minute job to change on the Kubis, although you have to get out of the drysuit first :)

There's two types of spares: latex or silicone. Personal choice; I prefer the silicone seals over latex as latex will eventually degrade.

Tip: use some wet/drysuit lube on the wrist and neck seals and it's extremely easy to slip on without putting a finger though the seal.

I also use replaceable silicone neck seals as well as the Kubi seals.

Back
Top Bottom