Kubi or Rolock dry gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Qrun

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Everyone,

I‘m new to this forum and being astonished by the amount of information about a lot of different subject.

I’m about to buy my first drysuit and made my choice on a Seaskin Nova.

Amongst all the options, I’m still hesitating on the system for drygloves.

So I can have the Kubi system fitted to the dry suits and then the dryglove system (my hands require a 90mm size system) or I can go for the SiTech Oval cuff with the Rolock 90cm dryglove system.

Up to now I have identify the following pro and cons
Kubi pro:
- Metallic (seams more robust)
- Locking by friction (easy to lock)

Kubi con:
- Metallic (weighter)
- Locking by friction (Is there risk of disconnection

SiTech+Rolock pro:
- Lock by rotation
- Plastic (lighter)
- If Rolock is not working fine, possbility to go to SiTech Antares and Virgo

SiTech+Rolock con:
- Plastic (less durable)

One last element, for Kubi system, seaskin provide overcuff which is not possible with SiTech Oval+Rolock.
As I also intend to be able to use the drysuit in 12 to 16-18°C water temperature, it might be useful to have a system working well with wet gloves.
Having the overcuff will permit to have a junction between the suits and the neoprene of the glove and therefore avoid cold spot on the wrist where there is only the silicon seal.

So in summary, what’s your recommendation between those two solutions? (Price difference +-60€ is not material enough to be a dealbreaker)

Thanks in advance,

Quentin

Don't worry about the plastic. The rolock is fine. I use Antares, and although a lot of people have issues with them, I never did. Seal fine, and it's somewhat easy to don and doff.

SiTech Antares is the worst system I have used. The gloves would pop off whenever I reached for something like a dive ladder. I had two of the plastic tabs break. I've used several systems, but the Rolock90 is by far the best I've tried. I haven't had a single drop of water in the gloves.

SiTech Antares is the worst system I have used. The gloves would pop off whenever I reached for something like a dive ladder. I had two of the plastic tabs break. I've used several systems, but the Rolock90 is by far the best I've tried. I haven't had a single drop of water in the gloves.

I have the Rolock90 as well and like them. I have found that I need to ensure they have silicon grease on the rings or they become very hard to don/doff.

The only time I have had water in the gloves is when I start using my hands to scrape barnacles of a wreck to try to identify it and get a small puncture in the glove. :)

- brett

Kubis work really well. Reliable. Simple to change gloves.

I opted for Rolock.. I already have Waterproof on my current suit that goes into the same Sitech PU rings. I figure if somethging happens I can always snag my old set and use those (which have been flawless in every way).

With the amount of feedback on here (mostly positive) you really can't go wrong either way.

Edit: also, when you're worried about "cold spots" on the wrist it's just time to switch to dry gloves, lol.

I have both systems, and you can't go wrong with either one. I haven't measured them, but I think the outside diameter of sleeve/glove rings is a little smaller on the Rolock.

The cons listed for Kubi are both non-issues. Metal, yes. But they are not heavy at all. Even on land you won't know they are there.

Know several people with Kubis, retention isn't an issue.

An unlisted pro for Kubi, indexable. You can fine tune the clocking onto your arm.

And another pro for Kubi that didn't make your list, size to fit. Not a one size fits all. You can reduce bulk by getting no bigger than you need instead of getting something designed to fit everyone.

I own 2 sets of Kubi. I am a Kubi fan. SiTech Antares once, never again.
Can't say anything for Rolock, never owned that one.

But I will say Kubi for the win to the tune of owning them twice.

Back
Top Bottom