Question Rolock 90 cuff system with seaskin nova

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No spoons needed for Kubi @rob.mwpropane
I have never used any tools for R90's.

I can easily remove QCS with my fingers. Rolock is fighting me all the way, even with tire spoon.
In the beginning they were harder. There is a break in period. Try cleaning them with a rag, re-applying a very thin coat of the silicone on and then working them back and forth while out of the suit. Leave the gloves installed overnight or over a few days.

Mine feel not loose, but not terribly tight either. I have to use my dry gloves to unscrew them. I can't do it with just liners on if that gives you an idea.

I was talking about installing/removing suit rings.
Instal is not that bad, just need to keep wrist seal tight to avoid it getting all bunched up, but removing it requires some serious power. QCS rings I can easily remove without any tools.

I was talking about installing/removing suit rings.
Instal is not that bad, just need to keep wrist seal tight to avoid it getting all bunched up, but removing it requires some serious power. QCS rings I can easily remove without any tools.

Ahh, gotcha. Yeah I have a tool leftover from my Ultimas... little plastic thing. That's what I use. Honestly, I have my seals cut all the way back so I doubt I'll ever have to change them.

Ahh, gotcha. Yeah I have a tool leftover from my Ultimas... little plastic thing. That's what I use. Honestly, I have my seals cut all the way back so I doubt I'll ever have to change them.
You had to cut your seals? Mine are an accessory that can be installed or removed at will without affecting the ring system. Dry glove day, no problem. Want to be crazy and dive wet gloves, put the wrist seals back in, easy peazy. Want to leave wrist seals in and dive dry gloves, go for it.

You had to cut your seals? Mine are an accessory that can be installed or removed at will without affecting the ring system. Dry glove day, no problem. Want to be crazy and dive wet gloves, put the wrist seals back in, easy peazy. Want to leave wrist seals in and dive dry gloves, go for it.
Well I didn't cut anything. It was very hot and I was in a rush. One side popped / ripped and I just cut the other. Never looked back, never replaced them.

Yes they pop out / swap very easy, I just don't do it. I'm using the same "seals" (or 1/2 seals) from 2017.

But yes I have to have part of the seal in to prevent leaking on the suit side ring... at least I think.

Well I didn't cut anything. It was very hot and I was in a rush. One side popped / ripped and I just cut the other. Never looked back, never replaced them.

Yes they pop out / swap very easy, I just don't do it. I'm using the same "seals" (or 1/2 seals) from 2017.

But yes I have to have part of the seal in to prevent leaking on the suit side ring... at least I think.
Sounds like when you add Kubi to a suit vs having the suit ring glued in. I knew you use the wrist seal to affix Kubi to DUI suits.

Sounds like when you add Kubi to a suit vs having the suit ring glued in. I knew you use the wrist seal to affix Kubi to DUI suits.
Hmm.. I'm not sure. With R90's there's glued in suit ring > seal > suit ring > glove ring (with glove).

With the seal cut back it acts more like a gasket. With it not cut it's a wrist seal and a gasket for the suit.

I know I pick on you and Kubi (because it's fun!), but I think it's a viable option. I just don't have money to burn so I opted for something less expensive that works.

If Kubi was the same price I would choose it for my next suit. Just to try something new. I wish they clipped in to what I have, I'd try them now. But they don't and what I have works great!

Hmm.. I'm not sure. With R90's there's glued in suit ring > seal > suit ring > glove ring (with glove).

With the seal cut back it acts more like a gasket. With it not cut it's a wrist seal and a gasket for the suit.

I know I pick on you and Kubi (because it's fun!), but I think it's a viable option. I just don't have money to burn so I opted for something less expensive that works.

If Kubi was the same price I would choose it for my next suit. Just to try something new. I wish they clipped in to what I have, I'd try them now. But they don't and what I have works great!
Same here. It makes me laugh every time. Both are great systems that work and each have their own quirks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom