Question Glove and pee systems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are the knees the kevlar, or something else? I saw some pictures with the kevlar with "Kevlar" written at the top in yellow (ugh, doesn't fit my color scheme!)
They're the Kevlar ones. No "kevlar" writing on it and specified in the special instructions during checkout.

To answer about gloves, you need a suit side system. So it can be all kinds of different ones, but for the latest and greatest tried and true you're down to either sitech oval or Kubi. With the oval (called PU rings) it can accept the Antares (they're oval but absolute shite), the Waterproof Ultimas, or the Rolock 90's. I have all 3 and I like the 90's the best, the Ultimas are a very close 2nd, the Anteras are the scourge of the earth. I think the Rolock's are more secure as it's a twist to lock type system. The other 2 you just push in. I've never tried the Kubi's, but I was on a dive with a buddy who's Kubi's popped of at 90'. In Kubi's defence, I don't think he has ever had that problem again and he dives more than all of us put together. He just took them to the Andria Doria last year, so he stands by them, maybe it was just a fluke.

I dive the showa 720's. They will go with whatever glove system you choose. So basically it's;

suit side ring > wrist seal > glove system ring > glove system (with whatever glove you choose mounted on it). I've attached a nice picture to illustrate this. Basically 3 parts (4 if you count the seal). The suit ring is already in the suit. Then the wrist seal with glove system ring, then the glove system itself.

View attachment 832946

I like the 720's, I change them out every 6 months. If you buy in bulk they're like $5-6 per pair (I think in a box of 12). You can also call Showa and ask to try a pair and they'll send them to you for free. I like them so much that I've turned at least 3 people onto them. I dive for oysters and they're just a great glove. Good dexterity, good warmth (still need liners below say ~60-65f or so).

I keep a spare set of seals in a ziplock bag in my SAD kit. I keep them covered in talcum powder so they don't go bad. I haven't had to use them yet. I'm not sure I ever will as there's no stress on my wrist seal because it's cut all the way back. I think my current ones are going on 5 years old now.

So if I am buying from Seaskin, I should get the "SiTech Oval Cuff Rings (Siflex seals)" and then go to their glove system area and get the Rolock 90 kit alone NO seals PU rings or Gloves and then also a pair of Showa Unlined Gloves?

The extra info on Seaskin's site for the Rolock 90 kit says, "To get a dryglove system from your oval rings (the stiff ovall rings are replaced) you need this kit plus a pair of dry gloves, a pair of thermal liner gloves and equalisation tubes."

Getting the Oval Cuff Rings, and the Rolock kit sounds like I still need to get the thermal liner gloves and the equalisation tubes? How do I get those?

So if I am buying from Seaskin, I should get the "SiTech Oval Cuff Rings (Siflex seals)" and then go to their glove system area and get the Rolock 90 kit alone NO seals PU rings or Gloves and then also a pair of Showa Unlined Gloves?

The extra info on Seaskin's site for the Rolock 90 kit says, "To get a dryglove system from your oval rings (the stiff ovall rings are replaced) you need this kit plus a pair of dry gloves, a pair of thermal liner gloves and equalisation tubes."

Getting the Oval Cuff Rings, and the Rolock kit sounds like I still need to get the thermal liner gloves and the equalisation tubes? How do I get those?
Get kubi and be happy...

They don’t have the Rolocks in stock. Order the Rolock 90 kit from Dive Gear Express. Many here like the the Showa 720 gloves which you can Google. Don’t know what to say about tubes. Some use them while others don’t.

They don’t have the Rolocks in stock. Order the Rolock 90 kit from Dive Gear Express. Many hear like the the Showa 720 gloves which you can Google. Don’t know what to say about tubes. Some use them while others don’t.

I'm able to add the Rolock 90 kit on Seaskin's site, so maybe they have them in stock now. I if I get that and the QCS oval then I should be set?

I'm able to add the Rolock 90 kit on Seaskin's site, so maybe they have them in stock now. I if I get that and the QCS oval then I should be set?
They've shown to be available over the last 6 months, but they aren't. They'll just hold your money for the next three months and then refund it when the suit ships...with no interest. Might as well get them elsewhere. But yes, QCS ovals and Rolocks then gloves from Amazon and you're set.

They've shown to be available over the last 6 months, but they aren't. They'll just hold your money for the next three months and then refund it when the suit ships...with no interest. Might as well get them elsewhere. But yes, QCS ovals and Rolocks then gloves from Amazon and you're set.

Ok, so if I get the QCS ovals from Seaskin, and then the Rolocks from DGX, will I need to do something different for installation, or will it be identical if I had ordered them from Seaskin directly?

Ok, so if I get the QCS ovals from Seaskin, and then the Rolocks from DGX, will I need to do something different for installation, or will it be identical if I had ordered them from Seaskin directly?
No difference. They install the QCS rings. The Rolock kit is separate. On a different note, if you order the Si Tech Quick Neck and you also specify a plastic main zipper, you should get both a Si Tech Combi Tool and some zipper lube (see pic). The tool has gone missing in recent orders and they have shipped beeswax instead of the lube. You may save yourself some trouble by mentioning these in your special instructions. Who knows.
Edit: Moved pic to make this more readable.
IMG_1096.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom