Seaskin Nova

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The bag was shipped with the suit... 🤔
The suit fit well within the bag when it was shipped. But with the excitement to try it on I didn't notice how it was folded at the factory.
I did notice it was sent with both zippers closed contrary with what the instructions mention about storing with zipper open.

Storing the suit hung up on a proper, wide suit hanger with just the outer zipper closed has the least stress on the the entire suit. Search on "UK dive suit hanger" for examples.

For travel, make use of the supplied suit bag. First, close the brass zipper as the increased stiffness adds some bend/damage prevention (and why SeaSkin ships it this way) and also close the outer zipper. Roll up the suit with the zippers facing the outside of the roll. End with the neck ring laying somewhat flat, not bent around a side of the roll, then fold the arms up and over the opposite side of the neck ring (which at this point is typically on the bottom, laying flat). Make certain the zippers have no abrupt bends - the upper shoulder end can be susceptible to being pulled into a bad position when you wrap the arms/sleeves around the suit. Now you should be able to slide the suit into the bag.

Check this video:

Video/photo example underscores the zipper fold issue at the shoulder I mentioned above, especially with the OP having a brass zipper and not plastic (the vid example?) which is more pliable and less chance of damage due to bending. Wrapping the arms around the suit poses less risk of creasing the armpit and upper zipper end.

For trilam suit I lay suit face down with outer zipper closed on top of bag opened all the way up. Fold legs up to waist then cross arms backwards over torso. Fold legs again but now over torso and arms. Makes a nice little pile.

With the suit with pockets (with stuff in them) this will fit. I'll step on either "ear" of the bag (where the zipper starts) and pull that side 1/2 closed.

This works. I only do this if I'm getting on a boat and need to save space, otherwise it never goes in the bag. For storage at home I have it laid over a bench, chair, whatever. Lately it's been over a chair in my office. When transporting to anywhere not a boat I just drape it across the top of everything else.

Imo, the bag could have been bigger. I would gave paid more for a bigger bag. It's just a hair small

Hi.

So Seaskin didn't include the tool to disassemble the inflator and shoulder valves from SI-Tech so I took some measurements and 3D printed them myself.
Tomorrow I will post the STL files for anyone interested.

Edit, STL added.
Cheers
IMG_20240826_193707.jpg

IMG_20240826_193712.jpg

Attachments

• sitech_tool.STL
    626.9 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom