About to pull the trigger - Seaskin Nova specs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, the covers are nice to protect and give a mechanism to prevent them from separation under water.

Or get a good system that doesn't need a neoprene cuff to keep them from separating and don't accidentally come apart...

...Rolock 90 for the win!!!

-Z

Or get a good system that doesn't need a neoprene cuff to keep them from separating and don't accidentally come apart...

...Rolock 90 for the win!!!

-Z
Or get one that isn't prone to cracking because it's made of plastic... I've heard of 2 people that had their kubi pop apart. I have no idea is the cover helps or not but it sure doesn't hurt any.

Or get one that isn't prone to cracking because it's made of plastic... I've heard of 2 people that had their kubi pop apart. I have no idea is the cover helps or not but it sure doesn't hurt any.
I have read accounts of the Kubi system popping apart unexpectedly underwater, but I have yet to read or hear of an account where a Rolock ring system cracked. Do you have any evidence of this or are you being hyperbolically facetious?

-Z

I have read accounts of the Kubi system popping apart unexpectedly underwater, but I have yet to read or hear of an account where a Rolock ring system cracked. Do you have any evidence of this or are you being hyperbolically facetious?

-Z
I've read of 2 accounts of kubi popping apart and I will fully lay blame on the user for that. I really have no idea how that could happen unless they jammed their ham somewhere and raked the rings across a hard corner.

I don't think I've ever read anything about the Rolock system cracking. I just did a quick googling and found nothing about it. But other plastic ring systems that isn't unheard of.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom