Question Check before buying Seasking Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm late to this party, but maybe it's not too late to (maybe) change your order.

Women of your size/stature are in a very unfortunate position when it comes to neck seals.

As has already been pointed out, a Si Tech Quick Neck is too big for you.

Neoprene neck seals are awesome for comfort and warmth. But, the problem for you is a physiological one: Women - especially the more petite ones - have a head that is proportionally bigger than their neck, as compared to men.

That means that a neoprene neck seal that is the right size for your neck will have to stretch more to slide past your head when donning/doffing than it would if a man were using it.

And that means that it's going to stretch out and start leaking a lot sooner for you than it would for a man - especially a much larger man.

And you are doubly screwed there because if you were big enough, you could use a Quick Neck and replaceable neoprene neck seals, so changing to a new one somewhat often would be no big deal - other than the expense, of course. But, that won't be a good option for you.

So, the only really good, long-lasting option for a petite woman is a glued-in latex neck seal.

And, just for the record, most of this info was shared with me by a very petite, very experienced female tech/CCR/cave full-time instructor, who dives dry all the time. @mr_v knows who I'm talking about and can vouch for the fact that she dives dry all the time, and uses glued-in latex neck seals, because none of the other options really work well for shorter, petite women.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom