About to pull the trigger - Seaskin Nova specs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've read of 2 accounts of kubi popping apart and I will fully lay blame on the user for that. I really have no idea how that could happen unless they jammed their ham somewhere and raked the rings across a hard corner.

I don't think I've ever read anything about the Rolock system cracking. I just did a quick googling and found nothing about it. But other plastic ring systems that isn't unheard of.
Ok, so you have not only chosen the inferior system but you have doubled-down by being disingenious about a competing product through your attempt to spread misinformation about it.

Nice.

-Z

Ok, so you have not only chosen the inferior system but you have doubled-down by being disingenious about a competing product through your attempt to spread misinformation about it.

Nice.

-Z
Kubi is a 100% superior system. Prove otherwise.

Edit: I went with Kubi because they are bullet proof and simple. I have less trust in plastics that are exposed to cold stresses than I do aluminum. Search here and you'll find quite a few plastic rings that suffered cracks and resulted in leaks. I'd prefer that not happen. If I need something simple like the neo covers to make it me proof then so be it. I like them. They haven't failed me. The 15+ people I know personally that dive here regularly (couple times a week) with them haven't had any issues. The majority of the internet hasn't had any problems. Just the 2 that somehow became dislodged... I'll take those odds

Edit 2: I'm not trying to be disingenuous or argumentative here, these are just my opinions and thought processes for my decisions to go with Kubi. These, much like the swivels in another thread, are very much a personal choice. No, I don't believe all plastics will fail. No, I don't believe Kubi will last until the oceans dry up. User errors occur on both systems.

Reactions: Zef
Is it just me ... or does the Kubi covers kinda look like foreskin😳😁🤣
Haven't had one in a very long time. This just reminded me to clean the smegma from around my wrist seals... I normally flip the covers down after I remove my gloves and rinse the suit that way. Kinda wonder what they smell like now

Haven't had one in a very long time. This just reminded me to clean the smegma from around my wrist seals... I normally flip the covers down after I remove my gloves and rinse the suit that way. Kinda wonder what they smell like now
I would also think if something was hard enough to crack a Rolock 90 then it would probably be bad enough to bend /warp a Kubi. Each scenario is irrelevant as I strive to not have that type of stuff happen around my suit, but I do understand what you're saying.

I just think it sounds like a bunch of crap a Kubi lover would say😁😁

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom