Kubi or Rolock dry gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sitech ovals are one of the worst dry glove systems I have ever used. Complete garbage that leaked constantly.
The KUBIs are a damned good ring system. If you want plastic, go with the waterproof Ultima system, they are also excellent.

Sitech ovals are one of the worst dry glove systems I have ever used. Complete garbage that leaked constantly.
The KUBIs are a damned good ring system. If you want plastic, go with the waterproof Ultima system, they are also excellent.
You’re thinking Antaries which go in the suit base rings, there are many actual glove systems that fir in the rings.

Reactions: Zef
You’re thinking Antaries which go in the suit base rings, there are many actual glove systems that fir in the rings.
That could be, I remember they were ovals, made by sitech. They had cheesy plastic clips that held them in place and they fell out constantly and leaked.

That could be, I remember they were ovals, made by sitech. They had cheesy plastic clips that held them in place and they fell out constantly and leaked.
That’s the Antaries rings that clip into the oval hard ring, the PU soft rings glued into the suit can take a bunch of different dry glove systems, RoLock, waterproof ultima, Si tech Virgo and several others. The Antaries can work well but are super fussy, I used them for a few years with success after spending a bunch of time in my pool indexing and marking things, much better choices but they are the least bulky.

Reactions: Zef
Great. I just figured out I have completely forgotten how to install gloves on my Rolock. Anyone has a video?
Put retention ring in glove cuff and then press into glove side ring...align index dot the same as the index dot on cuff ring (typically with an imaginary line through the middle finger of the glove).

Video can be found on You tube.

-Z

"Sitech ovals" is not a glove system...it is a wrist cuff/seal retention system. The Si-Tech Antares is the glove systems you are referring to and I agree that it was crappy system, with the Fourth Element Ellipse not much better.

-Z

"Sitech ovals" is not a glove system...it is a wrist cuff/seal retention system. The Si-Tech Antares is the glove systems you are referring to and I agree that it was crappy system, with the Fourth Element Ellipse not much better.

-Z
I haven't personally tried the fourth element ones. I have helped a few guys don them on the boat, they seem hard to seat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom