Kubi or Rolock dry gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here’s a two minute video, only that long because it’s demonstration quality slow and exaggerated PADI-style.

Thin stretchy gloves make it easier but looks easy enough.

Thin stretchy gloves make it easier but looks easy enough.
A bit tougher with the lined smurf gloves but personally I find these black gloves more durable, especially vs zebra mussels. They also have better dexterity and cost $5 to replace. Thicker unlined gloves (like the ones Santi sells) are just as easy to install.

I’ve never bothered.

I do dribble saliva on the O-rings when putting them on as it's easier to press them together.
So you’re deliberately drooling every time you put your dry gloves on? I lick my ZipSeals when I’ve had to change them as it’s a fast way to lube them, but drooling? Must be entertaining to watch you gearing up.

🤣😁

The Ultima on the other hand takes a buddy or a third hand if you want to keep your sanity.

Reactions: Zef
I’ve helped a buddy try that with the smurf gloves and it went much differently. Perhaps he and I were simply terrible at it.

Perhaps.

So you’re deliberately drooling every time you put your dry gloves on? I lick my ZipSeals when I’ve had to change them as it’s a fast way to lube them, but drooling? Must be entertaining to watch you gearing up.

🤣😁
All part of the kitting up process; quaff a half litre of water so you’re properly hydrated, climb into the unit, clip on the bailouts, spit in the mask and put on backwards (so the drool dribbles behind you, dribble on the glove rings and squeeze on gloves whilst pre-breathing unit… then jump in for a couple of hours of sub-aquatic therapy.

🥷🐟🐟🐟

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom