Kubi or Rolock dry gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can fine tune the clocking onto your arm.
Can you not do that with the Rolock? I think you can... you can with the Waterproof Ultimas.

Maybe you would have to spin the suit side ring, but I still think you can.

I'm very happy with my Rolock gloves. I like that it clicks in.
Many people are happy with their Kubi systems. I've never heard of any complaints with either system (doesn't mean they don't exist).
Most likely you will be quite happy with whichever one you choose.

I have small wrists and hands and have the 80mm Kubi. They’re very light. I have the suit side rings mounted on my DUI ZipSeals. Works well. Had them for almost two years I think.

Don't know. Don't have them (pretty sure I stated that) I assume that if you twist until they click, that click is a fixed position.

But the ring that they clip into is not fixed?... also an assumption on my end, idk yet.

Can you not do that with the Rolock? I think you can... you can with the Waterproof Ultimas.

Maybe you would have to spin the suit side ring, but I still think you can.
It’s a one time adjustment, there are index marks for setting and for locking, also putting the glove on the actual ring is so easy you will probably think you did it wrong.

Really thanks four all your advices.

As said, (but might be good to recheck with the guide) I need 90mm, so the advantage of the Kubi to be able to adapt to my palm size do not matter so much.

Regarding the possibility to adjust with Kubi, I understand, but once you have done it once with RoLock you shoud be good up to the wrist seal or glove replacement.

Last things is that I only saw on my buddies Kubi system, easier for sharing parts…

Last element is the O-ring when not used with dry glove (so when used with wetgloves), on the video I’ve seen, the Kubi O-ring is apparent on the wrist part of the dry glove, but I don’t have seen one apparent O-ring on the Rolock. Is it on the dryglove side ?
When the drysuit is used without drygloves, Is there less risk to damage the O-ring and thus waterthigness with the RoLock system instead of the Kubi system?

Really thanks four all your advices.

As said, (but might be good to recheck with the guide) I need 90mm, so the advantage of the Kubi to be able to adapt to my palm size do not matter so much.

Regarding the possibility to adjust with Kubi, I understand, but once you have done it once with RoLock you shoud be good up to the wrist seal or glove replacement.

Last things is that I only saw on my buddies Kubi system, easier for sharing parts…

Last element is the O-ring when not used with dry glove (so when used with wetgloves), on the video I’ve seen, the Kubi O-ring is apparent on the wrist part of the dry glove, but I don’t have seen one apparent O-ring on the Rolock. Is it on the dryglove side ?
When the drysuit is used without drygloves, Is there less risk to damage the O-ring and thus waterthigness with the RoLock system instead of the Kubi system?
If you don’t want to use dry gloves just put the SiTech oval rings back in and dive wet gloves, another advantage of the RoLock is versatility

I recommend the Si-Tech QCS oval ring system with the Rolock 90 dry gloves system. They are made to work together, are virtually bomb proof, and super easy to install/set up...they are also super easy to swap out wrist seals in the event you tear one before or between dives. Gloves mount easily and very securely too.

I think the the Kubi system is nice but it can be a pain to pull them apart after a dive, the same way that it is often a pain to pull apart the Ultima DGS rings. It is also a tad easier to attach/lock the dry gloves in place when dressing out with the Rolock 90 system.

I don't believe in a dry glove application that anyone is getting a more robust system by using metal vs plastic...if you take care of your setup both will last beyond the length of your interest in diving. The metal rings might seem more robust but can be damaged if dropped, stepped on, or gear like a cylinder is set down on them...much the same way plastic rings would be damaged.

All that being said...both the Kubi and Rolock 90 glove ring systems are solid products and I don't think you will be disappointed with either.

-Z

I will be ordering mine in a couple months as well. Mechanically, I like the idea of the Rolock rotating into position. Seems like it would require a more deliberate movement to have them come off.

Back
Top Bottom