How old is Your Regulator & Oldest lasting Regulator ??

How old is your oldest Functional Regulator

• 3 years

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • 4 yr

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • 5 yr

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • 6 yr

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • 7 yr

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • 8 yr

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • 9 yr

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • 10 yr

Votes: 14 9.7%
  • 10 -15 yr

Votes: 24 16.7%
  • 15 -20 yr

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • 20 - 30 yr

Votes: 25 17.4%
  • 30+ yr

Votes: 20 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My oldest reg is a 1980 Sherwood 2000. It has received two new first stage seats and three new second stage seats, (poppets). That's it. No extra care whatsoever. It still works great!

My oldest reg setup is a Sherwood Blizzard & Brut octo circa 1991. I've made sure it has been maintained properly and it still winds up on trips with us for the relatives to use. (We are the "unofficial" gear supplier for the family trips. :wink: )

My current setuip is a Mares Abyss with an Axis octo. I bought it about 3 years ago. Despite the fact that it and the Sherwood are both balanced regs, the Abyss breathes better at depth. However, I miss a couple of things about the Sherwood: (1) larger exhaust T prevents bubble interference, (2) the "fins" in the 2nd stage that capture moisture from your breath & return it back to you when you inhale, resulting in no "cotton mouth".

~SubMariner~

5 Years
Atomic
B1T2
I get it serviced every 2 years according to the Manufacturers Warrant.

Great Reg. I can't imagine a better reg.

Scott

ScubaPro Mk10/G250's. I soak them after every dive and get them serviced every other year. Hope they last another 15 years.

Dr. Bill

Properly maintained old metal based regs should last a life time of a diver. I have regs going back to 1974, and as new as last year. Although the new plastic (OK ...composite), and the titanium 2nd stages are light weight when in mouth, somehow on those occasions when I do dive one of my older 'metal' 2nd stage regs...I have a more 'familiar' feeling of an old friend.

I have a conshelf that started its career in the military, I use it for the beach dives or bottom cleaning. It has been deep with me and it works well. I also have an old Scuba Pro metal faced adjustable, probably a mk 5 that I bought off a friend maybe 15 or more years ago that still works well at any depth doing any type of work. They both get serviced as needed.

Model-Conshelf SE
Year bought- 1984
Serviced 5 times since purchase.
It is flawless and I love it. I am currently shopping for a new reg. combo, but will keep it as a backup.:D

My oldest regulator is the Calypso 6 regulator made by USDIVERS.
Though I use it now as my octopus(currently). But I was able to use it as the main regulator for more than 10 yrs. My main reg. now is Conself SE2 purchased 1990++ I can't remember.

Jimmy T.:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom