Remember your General Maintenance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What was the cost for Perdix AI?

General Maintenance, which is what Dive-Tronix calls the periodic maintenance, is currently a flat $150 regardless of model and includes return shipping. If they find anything that needs to be addressed beyond the standard screen, bezel, o-rings and seals, there may be an extra cost. They will review all of that with you before doing any extra work on your computer. Many of us have found their communication to be thorough and timely.

General Maintenance, which is what Dive-Tronix calls the periodic maintenance, is currently a flat $150 regardless of model and includes return shipping. If they find anything that needs to be addressed beyond the standard screen, bezel, o-rings and seals, there may be an extra cost. They will review all of that with you before doing any extra work on your computer. Many of us have found their communication to be thorough and timely.

Service repair costs on a Perdix would be about $400, in which basically the only parts used from the repaired unit is the case/bezel, everything being replaced new, parts/labor/return shipping, about $400, you’d be getting a new computer (minus original case).

Service repair costs on a Perdix would be about $400, in which basically the only parts used from the repaired unit is the case/bezel, everything being replaced new, parts/labor/return shipping, about $400, you’d be getting a new computer (minus original case).
Why would you need to do that unless there’s an issue with those components? Also see my post from a few weeks ago about the limited availability of Perdix AI boards. Here soon replacing a circuit board on a Perdix AI will not be possible.

We seem to be talking about two completely different things. I’m not sure exactly what you’re talking about? Are you talking about essentially taking an existing computer and replacing everything with new components? Why would you need to do that unless there’s an issue with those components?

Also see my post from a few weeks ago about the limited availability of Perdix AI boards. Here soon replacing a circuit board on a Perdix AI will not be possible.

Check post #20 on forwards, it was a repair unit, not a preventative service, cost of repair was inquired and poster didn’t know since it was warranty covered, I responded to answer what the cost would be if a repair service would be needed

Check post #20 on forwards, it was a repair unit, not a preventative service, cost of repair was inquired and poster didn’t know since it was warranty covered, I responded to answer what the cost would be if a repair service would be needed
Ahhhh. You should have quoted their post and not just mine. :wink:

They're not dynamic o-rings
This is not entirely true, yes, they are not fully released and compressed like a battery compartment o-ring. However, you must consider the pressure changes on these o-rings and the cycling of the pressure changes. If the pressure was consistent on both sides of the o-ring, not necessarily the same, but consistent, then it is not dynamic. But, when the pressure changes on one or both sides and is cycled then the o-ring is dynamic and the seat will change slightly as it compresses and decompresses. I might have worked on o-ring application at one point in my career?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom