How old is Your Regulator & Oldest lasting Regulator ??

How old is your oldest Functional Regulator

• 3 years

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • 4 yr

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • 5 yr

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • 6 yr

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • 7 yr

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • 8 yr

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • 9 yr

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • 10 yr

Votes: 14 9.7%
  • 10 -15 yr

Votes: 24 16.7%
  • 15 -20 yr

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • 20 - 30 yr

Votes: 25 17.4%
  • 30+ yr

Votes: 20 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Make : Poseidon
Model : Cyclon
Age : The newest (300's) are 10 years old - I have a couple of metal bodied 2nd stage ones with non-standard threads that are a lot older.
Maintenance : Only when they don't work.

I have 8 Cyclon's which see regular sump diving "action". They take a lot of abuse...and have been the regulator of choice of UK sump divers since the early 80's and are preferred over the newer models from the same manufacturer.

The only regulator that I use on a regular basis is the first one I ever bought new. It is a US Divers Conshelf that I purchased new in 1976. I've had it apart twice. Everything is still fine,no problems
whatsoever. My all-metal antique is better than any of the plastic junk that is for sale today. I'll never sell it.

Jack

apologies, I'm English

Sparton Kawasaki (all brass and heavy piston 1st/normal brass 2nd)

1976 bought from new £65 complete with contents gauge

never freeflowed or even hiccuped

One new exhaust valve fitted in about 1997 (the old one went sticky and died)

used weekly as pony valve (safe air in spare 3 litre cylinder... sorry dont speak the language we only invented it ) It hangs round my neck on its original strap

serviced annually by myself although a bit of creativity is required to obtain spares.

Main reg is an Apeks T50D of 1995 vintage fine tuned and serviced again by myself. I have every confidence in Apeks and would recommend them to anyone. I would go, model wise for the TX50 or 40 with the dry sealed turret and not the latest ATX, as they can be picked up on line cheaply but they ARE quality.
best value in my opinion

Brian

I still dive on a regular basis with my aqualung calypso IV.
solid metal and bulletproof!

Hi, I own a spirrotechnique Royal Mistral. It once belonged to my father and now I sometimes dive with it. He always said it was the most reliable regulator he ever owned. Naturaly the breathing comford is not the same as a modern twostage regulator (The mistral is a single stage).

by, Smurf

(sorry for my englisch but I live in belgium you see)

Royal Aquamaster purchased new in 1966

1) Brand: Voit

2) Model: Polaris 50 (single stage 2 hose)

3) Year Bought: 1962 @ $50

4) Religious Maintenance Chores: Rinse and dry, never serviced except replace the hoses, valves in mouthpiece and duckbill valve.

Dave D

dmdalton once bubbled...
1) Brand: Voit

2) Model: Polaris 50 (single stage 2 hose)

3) Year Bought: 1962 @ $50

4) Religious Maintenance Chores: Rinse and dry, never serviced except replace the hoses, valves in mouthpiece and duckbill valve.

Dave D

That was for grins as you won't be buying a 2 hose.

I have 4 Oceanic Delata II, balanced pistons that I purchased in '96. Never serviced, although I check them to insure no IP creep, free flow and ease of breathing, and rinse well and dry.

Last year I switched to Apeks DS4, TX50 for backgas on doubles and am very pleased with them. I now use the Oceanics for stage/deco bottles and for single tank rigs.

Dave D

Dacor

960xlp

bought 1988

serviced yearly for the first 10 or 11 yrs. Then I got tired of dealing with the Dcaor warrenty crap. Now they get serviced every other year. I have 3 of them and they are great.

John
=-)

I think it was still "Aqua Lung" back in 1967 when I bought the Royal Aqua Master. Had it overhauled 10 years ago or so but it still works. Yoke is designed for the old tanks, 1800 or 2250 PSI so I don't tempt fate by putting it on a 300+ PSI cylinder.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom